Help me Choose a Mobo

mbmadness

Gawd
I'm going to get a 939 NForce 4 SLI motherboard for a new PC I'm building. The two I have narrowed it down to are the DFI NF4 SLI Infinity and the ABit KN8 SLI boards. I plan on running an Opteron 165 processor in it that I'm going to overclock. I'm going to use 2GB of Mushkin DDR500 RAM, a 7800GT, two HDDs in RAID, and a 535 Watt Enermax PSU.

Abit
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127225

DFI
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136164

The pros for the Abit are it's cheaper, it has passive cooling, and I've built several PCs with Abit mobos and they were good. The Abit boards I used OCed well.

The DFI board costs more, but I've read some reviews and it seems to have a really nice bios and OCs.

Does anyone know how many phase the power solutions are on these boards?

i have a kn8 sli mobo, watch out for raid 0 with sata for whatever reason i could not get my 2 WD 36gb raptors to work. I could get the op system to load but could not get it to shut down!?!?! i gave up and installed an IDE drive and it worked great!

im an avid reader of all sorts of forums and personally have an asus a8n-e o/clocked.im an abit fan from long ago.the kn8 sli appears by all accounts to be a great board.i cannot recall reading anything bad about it.it would be my choise if i wanted sli,but not being a gamer the ultra meets my needs.with the latest bios the abit boards especially the k series seem like fine boards,better than the a series from my experience.i had the an8 ultra and had many problems with it so i bought the asus and its been a flawless board.the dfi infinity series dosent seem to be very popular unlike the lanparty series.they all are ram picky unlike the abit and the abit is priced very affordable for a good sli board.the asus a8n sli is also a good board and ive set up several of these for customers.with the latest bios they are bulletproof,but its 20 bucks or so more than the abit.the abit layout is questionable with the floppy and ide connectors where the asus and infinity are more logical.so if you like the abit go for it,dont see any reason to doubt it and you cant go wrong as far as i can see.also check out the asus and see the difference in layout.if you have a windowed case the asus layout looks much better with cable routing,but if no window the abit works fine as you cant see the cables going all over the place.........................good luck on your choise..................

Does anyone know what how many phase the power solutions are on these motherboards? I would like to get at least a 4 phase motherboard.

Back