help me choose one of these 3 from dell

jamestime88

[H]ard|Gawd
my dad got a deal from his work that he can get 1 of these 3 following things. hes not into computers or anything like that so hes giving it to me.

#1. inspiron 1000 laptop - 14.1" xga, 2.2ghz celeron, 256mb, 30gb hdd,xp home, cdrw/dvd, etc.

#2. Dimension 2400 series desktop - 2.4ghz celeron, 256mb, integrated video, 17" crt, dell a215 speakers, 40gb 7200, xp home, cdrw/dvd combo, mouse/keyboard, etc.

#3. $500 voucher from dell that can be used towards purchase of any dell computer or peripheral of your choice.

i have absolutely no need for the dimension desktop computer so im stuck between the laptop and the voucher. i dont have a laptop and i want to get one anyways. but the inspiron 1000 sounds really shitty.

if i was to get the voucher i would do one of these 2 things: #1. i would buy a 1703fp lcd and run dual 17" or #2. i would sell my current samsung 173t lcd and use that money + the voucher to buy a 2001fp.

i'd appreciate some input on this. and i think the laptop is worth like $850, so if anyone is willing to buy it for $800 shipped from me i will even throw in a 256mb pc2700 sodimm.

Get the voucher and buy youself a better laptop. Unless you don't really need it (college people REALLY need a good laptop) then I would go with your other option of buying the 2001fp screen, awsome screen.

Yaa, your right about that laptop sounding shitty. That celeron makes me want to run from it, but it is free. If you have some money to add to the voucher do that, otherwise get the laptop. The laptop would suffice for using on the run, but it would never replace a desktop.

Back