Help me figure out where to install some fans.

HRP

n00b
Hi folks.

The case isn't anything amazing, a Centurion 5, and I think it could use some extra fans.

As it stands now, there is one 80mm intake located behind the HD drives, the PSU exhaust and a 120 exhaust behind the CPU heatsink. Now, the CPU heatsink I have installed is blowing air directly into the 120 exhaust, rather than towards the side of the case, where there is a tube and open grill for air to escape.

I'm thinking of installing two side intakes; one blowing onto the CPU heatsink, the other blowing right below the GPU. The only thing that worries me is to have all this intake, but only the one exhaust fan. There might just be enough space below the GPU to add an 80mm exhaust fan, but would this do much?

Any ideas?

no that setup should work fine.. its pretty much how ive always setup mine.. even my antec 300 case 2 front 1 side 1 back were all intake.. only exhaust fan was the 200mm blow hole fan at the top.. theres enough gaps in the case its self that it wont really cause a problem.. you could also remove the expansion slot covers at the bottom of the case if you really needed to..

Back