help me find a black radeon 9800 pro.

flat4

[H]ard|Gawd
im not sure if they make black ones, but i have seen 9600xt in black. if u know where i can pick one up can u please give me a link. thanks

You could spray paint it black. Look around the Case Modding forum, I think I saw a tutorial on doing that.

flat4 said:
im not sure if they make black ones, but i have seen 9600xt in black. if u know where i can pick one up can u please give me a link. thanks

If you find a black one I bet it wont work. LOL. :D

so i take it they dont make them right? is the 9600XT a good card?

Buy a regular ATI 9800 Pro ~$225

Buy a can of black spray paint ~$5

Results Priceless :p

Seriously, you better check before spray painting a card. I'm sure there's a tutorial out there, but so far, most 9800 Pro PCB's are red. I don't know of anyone that makes a color besides red for a Pro. Correct me if I'm wrong

well Hurc and Tyan make blue ones, and MSI makes a green one...
but i dont think anyone makes it in black.
you can get a black 9600XT or 9700pro.

I have a sapphire oem 9800 pro card. Bought it about a year ago. It is black. However the memory and gpu are clocked about 3 mhz slower.

Newegg has stopped selling them.

The original heatsink on the card was inadequate. It locked up constantly. No problems since I used teh arctic cooler rev3 and now moved on to water cooling

noteworthy said:
I have a sapphire oem 9800 pro card. Bought it about a year ago. It is black. However the memory and gpu are clocked about 3 mhz slower.

Newegg has stopped selling them.

The original heatsink on the card was inadequate. It locked up constantly. No problems since I used teh arctic cooler rev3 and now moved on to water cooling

do u know anywhere that still sales it?

For the money you would spend on a 9800 Pro, I wouldnt risk spray painting it. If the spray paint jacks it up you wont exactly be able to return the card for another one. Any way, thats just my opinion.

Back