Help me find an 80x80x15mm fan

IronChefMorimoto

Limp Gawd
Alright -- here's the lowdown. I bought a Shuttle SK83G XPC about 2 months ago, and the Everflow (??? - Evercool - ???) 80x80x15mm ICE fan is already failing. It grinds horribly when I boot the machine. I have an RMA in process to send it in for a replacement, but I'm hearing that these new ICE fans are starting to fail pretty regularly now. So, I need a source for replacements.

Keep in mind -- the fan has to be a SLIM 80x80x15mm fan. The new ICE radiator setups in the Shuttle XPCs come into the case about 10mm more, so the setup requires the slim 80x80x15mm fan that you might find on low profile heatsinks.

I have already tried the Zalman ZMP-01 (???) slim fan that is sold to go on top of the Zalaman passive VGA heatpipe cooler setups. It's SUPER quiet, but it doesn't push the same amount of air that the stock Everflow (??? - Evercool -- ???) slim fan does. And I'm not so concerned about the noise, as I'll control the fan noise with SpeedFan once it is installed.

So -- can anyone point me to a website that might sell the slim 80mm/8cm fans? Other than the Zalman? I'd appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks,
IronChefMorimoto

Don't panic, I got a new fan too, and it grinds when cold as well. Seems like the ALL do.

Use SpeedFan, you can control it.

Back