Help me guess which CPU (Intel Confidential)...

What's the mystery CPU?

• P4 / 533 or 800FSB / > 2.4GHz :D

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • P4 / 400FSB / < 2.4GHz :p

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Celeron / > 2.4GHz :)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Celeron / < 2.4GHz :cool:

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Treppiede

Limp Gawd
Guys,
I finally gathered most of the components to build myself a new FreeBSD-based file server, all I needed was the CPU. My good friend - a couple of months ago - won a mystery CPU at an event where Intel was one of the vendors. It came sealed in a white box with an Intel label dated 13-Jan-2004 (with hologram and all). He thinks somebody from Intel told him it was a Celeron, but he isn't sure. He was nice enough to let me have it since he had it sitting there for a few months anyways... :D

The CPU came with the same heatsink that Intel ships out with Prescotts, you know which one I'm talking about, the aluminum one with a small copper section on the bottom. Here's what's written on top of the CPU:
Code:
Intel Confidential
Q611 ES A4
"Copyright symbols serial number etc"

D348A400

I took a picture of both sides, although only the bottom came out decently:

IntelConfidential_small.jpg

So what do you think it is? I am waiting for a couple of parts to finish my box, so I won't be able to put it in and find out for another couple of days, although I have a feeling it's just a 400FSB Celeron.

Let's see who guesses closer... ;)

Walter

SacLANd said:
Poncho, how'd you find that out. :)

Working for the evil empire has it's perks. ^^

Though I must tell the OP that I have reported him and the black choppers will be arriving shortly. :D

Poncho said:
Working for the evil empire has it's perks. ^^

Though I must tell the OP that I have reported him and the black choppers will be arriving shortly. :D

ah, i knew it was you. i don't know where any of the databases are for that type of info, though i'm sure i have higher security clearance then you. i can lick motherboards that you wont see for quite a while, haha!

Treppiede: He's either wrong or right. there are better methods then guessing.

Treppiede said:
Are you sure about that or are you guessing?

Thanks,

Walter

If that info is not right then either you put up the wrong numbers or the database that I was looking it up in was wrong. I'm right.... :D

SacLANd said:
ah, i knew it was you. i don't know where any of the databases are for that type of info, though i'm sure i have higher security clearance then you. i can lick motherboards that you wont see for quite a while, haha!

Treppiede: He's either wrong or right. there are better methods then guessing.

LOL.... I'll PM you with a link.

Back