Help me make sense of this?

Well, I have CPU-Z so I can figure out my mem speed after the fact. What I want to be able to do is predict my memory divider and NB strap based on the settings I'm changing in my BIOS.

that's just a chart of possible outcomes. It doesn't mean you can actually necessarily set them the way you see on the chart. As far as predictability goes, every board is different in when it opts to use a higher strap, with only some allowing selection, and only some allowing usage straps (for example ab9 quadgt sticks with 1066 and never goes to 1333, but iirc, settings for strap only allow downwards to 800 and 533 which are pretty useless to select at the fsb's we run today)

How about memory divider? How do I judge which divider I'll be running at? The only speed related options in my TForce 965pt BIOS are 533, 667 and 800. How do I compare this to my FSB to determine my divider?

How about memory divider? How do I judge which divider I'll be running at? The only speed related options in my TForce 965pt BIOS are 533, 667 and 800. How do I compare this to my FSB to determine my divider?

those numbers are relative to your stock fsb. so 533 would be 1:1, 667 4:5, and 800 2:3

But as I adjust my FSB the ration changes? On that list I linked above there are different settings that list repeating multipliers.

Oh, wait: is "Ref Freq MHz" the stock FSB? So, for me my stock FSB w/an E6600 (9x multiplier) is 266. So, the numbers relevent to me are those that relate to the 266 set. This may seem simplistic but I wasn't getting it before.

I don't get why the NB Strap column never changes though.

Back