Help Me Select A New Monitor!

Bluemere

n00b
It will have to be a Dell, since I am part of their EPP (Employee & Affiliate Purchase Program, I'm an affiliate) so I'll get the best prices from them.

Right now I have a 17" which is fine, but I want something bigger. My video card is a x800XT AIW. I use my computer for, in order of most frequently to least frequently:

MS Word, gaming (HL2 & WoW), movies/tv, surfing the net, coding.

The maximum size I'd want to get is a 24" widescreen, due to budget, and a 30" is just overkill IMO. I'd like to be able to comfortable view movies from 8-10 feet away in my bean bag chair. But, do I really need a 24" widescreen monitor for my purposes, or would a 20" be fine, or even 19 non-widescreen? What experiences did you go through when you converted from a 17" to something way better? Was it worth it, did you really need all that?

a 24" monitor is an overkill also but judging by what you got post as the main things that you do with your computer, I would definatly say if you got the moneu get the 2405, imagine it, you could get two full windows tiled verticle one with word and the other could be for your coding.
man I think that I just talked myself into getting one.

**EDIT**
I saw this very monitor at a lan party just last night and it looked awsome, esspecially when the user had a screen full of text (he was doing something large in notepad) I am looking into getting a new lcd also and I dont know what I am going to be getting, I am thinking about either the 2005, 2405 or something like the one I linked.

Bluemere said:
I'd like to be able to comfortable view movies from 8-10 feet away in my bean bag chair.

Ask yourself: what screen size do you enjoy viewing movies from 8-10 feet away? That's personal taste. Some people want a 27", 42", 60", 103" display. You may enjoy watching 8-10 feet away from a 10" display.

Back