Help me understand?

ahhh buts its 179.
People want something premodded and different.
THAT is an ugly different.
But you must say if it was at a lan you MIGHT take a walk over to it and take a peek.

It's not bad. You could certainly do worse. It's nice that even the door is aluminum. It's a good use of lights on the door as well. Not bad.

i actually really like this case and intended to get one when i do my next build in about 6-12 months. there is a blackversion as well

apart from the side 'meshing' and the 'B' shape i quite like that case. Looks pretty cool.
From what i understand its supposed to be used with the thermaltake Bigwater watercooling setup so it'll probably be easy to mount your own w/c stuff. Hence the 'shark' name.

My Antec P160 has a very similar internal design, and cost far less, plus it has a much better front to it. As for why this case cost so much, I'd say production costs for making it are high due to all the special crap they did to it. Not worth it IMO, as I don't like the external design, but the internal layout is pretty good.

I'm sorry I was misleading with my post. I like the case, but i don't understand why it is 200 bucks (rebate not included). Even with special productions and special lights and aluminum door, it can't possibly be too much to make.

todlerix said:
I'm sorry I was misleading with my post. I like the case, but i don't understand why it is 200 bucks (rebate not included). Even with special productions and special lights and aluminum door, it can't possibly be too much to make.

The more labor required that is done by hand rather than assembly line, the higher the cost, regardless of materials used. That case's outer look probably requires some "by hand" work, I'm guessing.

I'd say the majority of the expense comes from the aluminum material itself. They did a lot of tooling on the front bezel, which also adds to the cost. I agree that it's overpriced, but not terribly. I think it's pretty obvious that their target market makes decisions based on image rather than logic.

i actually liek that case a lot...although the B shaped mwsh would ahve to go...i woudl mod it with either an L shaped window or a big rectangle. but the work ont he fornt bezel is awesome in my opinion.....I have an x-dreamer II thats all decked out with diamond plate and such so im into modding my own.

Looks like the mesh on the side is pretty necessary to me, since there is next to no air actually entering the front of the case. Damn near requires a watercooling setup if you remove the case's ability to breathe.

The thing is its not JUST an Alu door, but the entire chassie is 1mm alu, im sure that drove the price up a bit (Look at Lian Li's)

Back