Help, My system might be burning up right now!

TVersetti

Limp Gawd
I have a AMD 2600M @ 2.407, a DFI NF2 LP ULTRA, and a Zalman7k CU.
Last weekend i took my comp over to a lan party, and my temps beforehand were around 36-39 on the diode and the socket using MBM. My case is around 32-34.
I got back from the lan and my temps are around 50-55C for the diode, but still that same 36-39C for the socket! Of course my leet case is the same.
Really, i have been told even if it is in the fifties not to worry, but still, im careful w/ this stuff and i want to make sure something is not wrong. I believe that i used that expensive thermal paste, so maybe i have to reapply it again?

Any suggestions?

You could have un-seated the heatsink during the move. Just take it off and put it back on using fresh thermal paste.

thanks guys, i am still relatively a n00bie and after a few pushes and one or two half turns of already tight screws, my temps are back to normal.
It is possible that i may have unseated it while spraying it with the air compressor also. thanks for the help.

These zalman 7k's suck as soon as some dust accumulates, also they have tendency to skate around a bit even when bolted properly, just remove it, clean out all the dust and re-apply the HSF and compound... have fun!

Back