Help Odd Probolem

theDon

[H]ard|Gawd
I am having a strange problem. I just got a Radeon 7870 the Myst Edition I believe. When installing it and all times before I installed the drivers there was no issues. When I install the drivers and reboot suddrienly on all of the desktop based screens and applications a random pixelating like corruptions show up on the screen randomly and non-reponsively. It is almost like random characters are changed or removed. This happens no matter what is happening as long as you are in classic desktop mode. In Metro it works with little to no visible problems, In addition the problem also goes away when the GPU is sptun up . So in short anything besides desktop mode in usable.. I am not able to figure it out and hope you guys could help.

To give some back ground t
3rd Gen I7
8 GB Ram
Win 8 Pro 64bi
PCS Myst ED

So you are saying you see screen corruption after installing the drivers for the video card?

If so I would say you have a bad card. You could try some other driver versions and see what happens. Also maybe try to reseat the card to make sure it's in there snug. But if it was fine without the drivers installed and before you installed that card, I would lean toward a bad card. Which I am assuming you are not overclocking the card from it's stock settings. High OCs can sometimes cause artifacting and corruption.

Also, what wattage is your power supply? And have you tried a different video cable to your monitor, just to rule that out.

I appreciate the response.. I was thinking about changing to Windows 7 as I have seen 8 cause weird issues. My power supply is a corsair 650. It did this on two monitors and only when not gaming. It is like aeroglass or something is corrupted but nothing else. I thought about the card as well.. but hoped i was fixable..

it could be something strange going on with windows 8. If it runs games fine, then I wouldn't think the card to be bad. Maybe someone who's had a similar issue will chime in with some insightful info.

I wish.. I got another card coming we shall see how it goes..

Back