Help on Choosing. nano or video

onin

Limp Gawd
ok first of all I got this deal, my university is listed in the apple store, I'll get the 30GB IPOD video for $345 (canadian) no tax (yay!) and free shipping, and the 4GB nano for $279cad no tax and free shipping too. was wondering if its really worth it to get the Video?

how many gb of music do you have? would you actually watch video on it? would you sacrifice size for space?

I seen the Ipod video its kinda thin, but ofcourse the sleek nano looks awesome but i heard the nano gets scratched easily, is the ipod video made the same way ?

onin said:
I seen the Ipod video its kinda thin, but ofcourse the sleek nano looks awesome but i heard the nano gets scratched easily, is the ipod video made the same way ?

They both use the same front material, so the potential for scratches is roughly the same. The solution is pretty simple: get a good case that won't make things worse on its own. I've been using a Marware Sportsuit Sleeve and it seems to be just fine, though you may want the Sportsuit Convertible so you don't have to remove the iPod from the case to use it.

onin said:

the video is about .5 inches thin and the nano is about .25. they are both very nice, but the video is a better value because of what it can do and since it holds 30 gb. if you can wait until april 1st, there is supposed to be a new ipod coming out that is made for movies, but if you are mostly into music just get the video or nano now.

Yeah, thats what im thinking 4GB vs 30GB, thanks for the reply guys. ;)

I got the video because it has 30gb...4gb just isn't enough for all the music I have. The video feature is real nice if you get one of the AV cables - take funny stuff from the web, music videos, game trailers, etc with you wherever you go...you'll be the life of the party :)

Just make sure you get some screen protectors or a nice case (i have both lol) because it does scratch easy.

You will definitely get way more for your money with a 30gb video. I have a 60gb video and absolutely love it, though it is completely full. Go for the video. You will love it.

Back