Help on My first Adventure To Water Cooling!!

TechBoy

2[H]4U
Ok so I am going on spring break and wanted to do a cool project for myself. While I was sleeping at night I was bothered by all the noise coming from my computer and I also thought about how crappy my cpu cooler does. So I thought to myself "How do I fix this?" The answer was simple, either get a better cooler and fans or go WC and since I have NEVER done it before I decided I would try it out.

Now I dont want to spend too much on my first set up so I looked around and I found this radiator: Link

Now What I need to know is what type of tubing does this radiator use and what type of cpu block would it use?

Also Here is what I have so far:
Radiator: HARDWARE LABS BLACK ICE PRO II 240
Resivoir: Swifttech Micro res

What I need:
CPU block
Water pump
Tubing
Coolant

Suggestions and corrections would be awesome. Please do tell. I would love to get this right the first time and not have to screw around.

I also forgot to say. It would help alot if you guys would put the price.

The setup I posted is about is about 240+shipping with a fillport too, which is about half of what I paid.

Jab-tech.com might have some things cheaper though.

that setup that was posted above is nice but costly... if you're looking for a cost efficient setup then go look at the swiftech compact 220 kit. ranges from about 140-180 bux

I'd recommend you buy used since price is an issue for you... or forget watercooling and just buy one of those huge tower style CPU coolers. It'll be just as quiet and perform nearly as well for less than 1/2 the cost.

There's no such thing as a good pump for $40-60 unless you're buying used.

I'd recommend you buy used since price is an issue for you... or forget watercooling and just buy one of those huge tower style CPU coolers. It'll be just as quiet and perform nearly as well for less than 1/2 the cost.

There's no such thing as a good pump for $40-60 unless you're buying used.

I am buying the radiator used from some one for $25 shipped.

Try to pick up a used Liang DCC-3.1/3.2 or D5 for $60 or less. (Swiftech MCP-350/355 and MCP-650/655 are the same thing)

Back