help picking between 2 heatsinks

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16835185126,N82E16835185125&SubCategory=62

i have the following new stuff:
Asus A8N-SLI Premium
Athlon 3800+ X2
2 x 1GB G.Skill RAM
some other junk

i want a cooler that is going to allow me to OC a little bit. not looking to break the world land speed record here. i don't have much money to spend, and i want the thing to be hassle-free to install. i was looking at the 2 coolers listed above based on suggestions in the sticky and other posts. i just want to get a little added input.

which one of these 2 would you choose? also, would either of them be worth $35 over the stock heatsink i already have?

TIA,
big boi

doh! that $44 deal is now like $50. and i've heard that the XP-90 is not all that great. so i don't want to drop a bucket of money on it. should i just stick with stock for now? are the other 2 i mentioned first still a decent improvement over stock? i really don't have the money for a $50+ heatsink at the moment.

There are some pretty good priced copper sinks that leave the stock stuff in the dust. One sec, ill take a look around newegg for yah.

the freezer pro matches up with the best in the air cooling world. i'd recommend that, especially if you have a rear exhaust fan, as the flow of air will be directly through the hsf and straight out of the case, keeping your case temps low as well.

_Korruption_ said:
Worthless if the solder joints between the copper fins and base are not very good.

What im getting in reviews is that this sink is pretty kick-ass, so lets assume those joints are good ;)

I just dont see why its instinctive to think that something expensive is going to work better.

i order a few things from these guys every once in a while http://www.coolerguys.com/840556058274.html the plus side is that it can mounted in 2 directions. in the manual it tells you how to rotate the bracket, just involves unscrewing the tab, and reassembling it in another direction. i have mine blowing to the rear since theres no real interference with that mounting position. only change i made to mine was mixing arctic silver ceramique with the stuff that comes on the heat sink, i believe its called mx-1. its keeping my stock 3200 claw at about 23c idle, and up to 29c load, WITH good case cooling and cool weather. your results may vary. :)

Back