Help recommend me a power supply

PHRESHKHID

Weaksauce
Hi guys, how much power do I need for this?

I do plan on overclocking, and running Eyefinity. I am also looking for something that is Full Modular .

CPU:
Intel I7-2600k

Motherboard:
ASUS Maximus V FORMULA LGA 1155 Intel Z77

Graphics Card:
2x EVGA 04G-P4-3687-KR GeForce GTX 680 FTW+ w/Backplate 4GB

Monitors:
3x Dell UltraSharp U2412M

RAM:
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

Case:
CoolerMaster Storm Stryker

Power Supply:
Nothing yet

Cooler:
Corsair H80 (for now) going to be going with somesort of water cooling, maybe H220 once its released.

SSD:
Intel 520 Series Cherryville 2.5" 120GB
Corsair Force Series GT 2.5" 120GB SATA III

Hard Disk:
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM

2 680s? All you need is a good 650 watt power supply.

This Seasonic X850 for $110 is an incredible buy, and fits your needs perfectly. Get it before the deal is over.

At stock, you're looking at maybe 575w at full burn.
OC'd a 750w would do it, but a bit more certainly won't hurt.
That X850 for $110 is a very, very good deal.
EDIT:
Add 260w per (very heavily) OC'd 680, or 200w for a stock 680, you can't get 'em higher than that without NDA software or a soldering iron.

X850 will be able to handle tri-SLI 680s with room to spare.

I do plan on overclocking, and running Eyefinity. I am also looking for something that is Full Modular .

CPU:
Intel I7-2600k

Motherboard:

Graphics Card:

Monitors:

RAM:

Case:

Power Supply:
Nothing yet

Cooler:
Corsair H80 (for now) going to be going with somesort of water cooling, maybe H220 once its released.

SSD:

Hard Disk:

I RECOMMEND CORSAIR HX OR AX SERIES, the PSU's in these lines are seasonic products.
In fact I recommend any seasonic product, if your looking for the best quality and prices are competitive with other low quality brands.
XFX has also been know to use seasonic hardware in their power supplies.

Nice thing about corsair is the power supply cables are of good length, some like antec can be too short.

do your research on any power supply you are thinking of at johnnyguru.com and also hardwaresecrets.com

they do throurough analysis of power supplies and reveal who actually made the hardware.

OCZ has turned to a chinese offbrand and therefore I would avoid pc power and cooling ( once a legend) and regular ocz brands.

If you feel a 650 is adequate for your needs getting a little extra like a 750 or 850 and a gold rated unit will help future proof your power supply for future upgrades.

A POWER SUPPLY IS ONE PIECE OF HARDWARE YOU DONT WANT TO SKIMP ON.

CPU:
Intel I7-2600k

Motherboard:

Graphics Card:

Monitors:

RAM:

Case:

Power Supply:
Nothing yet

Cooler:

SSD:

Hard Disk:

Look at the top of the power supply forums, there's a reason why seasonic and corsair are mentioned.

Seasonic by far the best power supplies, the corsair HX and AX lines use seasonic hardware.

Power supplies are one area where people should NOT be skimping on their budget and many good seasonics 650 to 850 at reasonable prices.

I RECOMMEND CORSAIR HX OR AX SERIES, the PSU's in these lines are seasonic products.
In fact I recommend any seasonic product, if your looking for the best quality and prices are competitive with other low quality brands.
XFX has also been know to use seasonic hardware in their power supplies.

Nice thing about corsair is the power supply cables are of good length, some like antec can be too short.

do your research on any power supply you are thinking of at johnnyguru.com and also hardwaresecrets.com

they do throurough analysis of power supplies and reveal who actually made the hardware.

OCZ has turned to a chinese offbrand and therefore I would avoid pc power and cooling ( once a legend) and regular ocz brands.

If you feel a 650 is adequate for your needs getting a little extra like a 750 or 850 and a gold rated unit will help future proof your power supply for future upgrades.

A POWER SUPPLY IS ONE PIECE OF HARDWARE YOU DONT WANT TO SKIMP ON.

This guy has the right idea but I'll add GET THE BEST YOU CAN AFFORD. Bad power will destroy other parts in the computer.

Back