Help: replacement qustion about LG L246wp

Majed

Weaksauce
I see backlight bleeding in my lg246wp appearing in the upper right like the image below
I thought it will be fade out in 1 week but still there!. :mad:

aawk5.jpg

I got this lcd from circuitcity in Blacksburg, VA, so my 30days warranty for replacement is over.:eek:

What should I do now? will cc easy to replace it or my day will be hard?

Or better to deal with LG support directly? So I can get a replacement as fast as I can?

And what about Advance replacement…cause I have work to do and I don’t have another Monitor to do my work? So I can use this until the new one arrives then send the one I have to them?
and please tell me what should i do with LG or CC if so? cause this is my first time!.

hope for quick help:eek:

Thanks.

If its been 30 days since you bought it, Circuit City will just tell you to contact the manufacturer. It hasn't been 30 days exchange it at Circuit City. I don't know if LG will ship a new monitor first, only companies I know that do that are big oems like Dell. If they do ship you one first they will require a credit card number first before they ship in case they never get a screen back. If you have to send it in first they will either send you a box/shipping label or you have to box it and pay the shipping yourself. It will probably take 2 weeks for you to get a screen back.

thanks munkle for the info.
but 2 weeks from the day i send the screen or from the day i got the box/shipping label i mean the whole process?
and one question about LG..will replace it or maybe will not see any problem then resend it to me again!

and if i got a new replacement from LG and i found 1 dead pixels? doe lg has 0 dead pixel wararnty?

Please let us know how it goes. I have a LG also that I would like to try and exhange because of a stuck pixel.

It would probably be 2 weeks at the earliest that you got a new screen back from the day you sent your defective screen in, it could take longer. They might see the backlight problem and they might not, your best bet is to send a piece of paper that has the problem you describe typed on it. I did this with a mobo I had that worked fine but it had problems coming out of standby, I did this so that they wouldn't just do some easy tests and send it back to me. I received a new mobo back.

Also Lg's dead pixel policy is
Dependant on size, the unacceptable amount of pixels ranges from 2 or more for a 15", to 7 or more for a 23" or greater. These numbers refer to a combination of a, b or c type pixels: a) bright b) dark c) R/G/B coloured. If the total number of a, b or c type pixels is greater than the pixel defect maximum as stated above, then we will cover it under our warranty. Our policy is as follows: 15" = more than 2 dead pixels 17" = more than 4 dead pixels 18.1" = more than 4 dead pixels 19" = more than 4 dead pixels 20.1" = more than 6 dead pixels 23" or more = more than 7 dead pixels These requirements will need to be met before we will be able to replace those monitors. Kind Regards, LG Customer Information Consultant.

So if you get a dead pixel, your stuck with it unless you can exchange it at the place of purchase.

Back