Help setting up new headset

astyler

Gawd
Couldn't find anything with search, so if anyone knows a quick answer or has a link to a thread answering this, let me know, please.

Just got a new Koss SB40 headset as per suggestions in the stickies. Works great, but I was wondering if I have it set up correctly. I'm using onboard Realtek sound - specifically "Realtek ALC885 for 8CH HD audio", and my headset is hooked up to speaker out and mic in on the rear side of my MB. On the audio tool from Realtek, it's set to 2.1 Speaker out on that jack; in TF2 I set the settings to Headphones.

Is this correct? I'm not sure as maybe because Realtek thinks it is 2.1 speakers I'm just getting stereo sound (L & R), which won't help in games. Is this only possible by picking up a soundcard?

Well, there should be an option of setting it to headphones. But it won't make much difference if it is set at 2.1 because it is just sending 2CH signal. Are you trying to get surround sound of the headset?

Yeah I want it to have directional/surround sound, but am not sure how to get this working.

Back