Help - SPDIF out not working in Auzen Prelude

paulsri

n00b
I just got the Prelude sound card. I"m trying to get SPDIF out to work. From the help menu, it said to turn this on from the Decoder Tab. However, I don't have this tab. How do I enable SPDIF out? I"m using Win XP. sound drive RC1.. Tried RC5 still same problem.

In the audio console, I have Device Info, Mode, Speakers , EAX effects, X-Fi-CMSS3D, X-Fi Crystalizer, SPDIF I/O , Bit-matched, Restore Defaults.. But no Decoder tab.

its in SPDIF I/O, there should be a option to use your own external decoder for DD/DTS or something. Its been awhile since i've used XP.

I tried that. The SPDIF I/O tab only let you select 48khz and 96khz output sample. Nothing else is there to turn on / off optical output.

you sure you have it plugged into the right slot? Its the one on the farthest side. You using optical? If so, then a red light should be on. Should just work without having to change any settings in the control panel.

Hey peacetilence here is how you can have SPDIF DD Live without crackling or popping...

In your "Auzentech Audio Console" choose the mode tab, select "Entertainment Mode" or "Game Mode", then go to the "Encoder" tab. Check the "Enable Dolby Digital Live" box.

Now, go to your playback devices tab under sound settings for your operating system. Set "Speakers" as your default playback device, configure it for a your corresponding setup (*Quadraphonic, 5.1, 7.1, etc.).

You will now have sound coming from your SPDIF out, and simultaneously from the other analog outputs on the Prelude!

Back