Help with a MAc Book Pro

I have a mac book pro that i'm not using and is sitting under my bed. (I cannot stand apple or OSX so i won't be using it for anything else and no i cannot sell it :D) I want to setup the SMP console on there but i have no experience with this OS. I installed it and enabled it but i can't see any cpu activity or anything.

Will someone with some OSX experience please help me out so i can try to compete with Anderu who is very slowly pulling away from me.

ok i just installed Increase and at least now i can see whats happening... or not happening. the log file says it downloaded the core and work files just fine and that it enters M.D. but I'm not seeing any cpu activity in activity monitor.

This laptop is a corporate computer that my dad hates using so he stuck with his IBM and let me play with the mac. it is pretty locked down and i have to type in the password every time i enable or disable FAH through the system preferences.

anyone? i have a brand new mac book pro dual core sitting here doing nothing because i have no experience with osx.

anyone? i have a brand new mac book pro dual core sitting here doing nothing because i have no experience with osx.

Where are the MAC experts?

I am an Intel / Windows guy... sorry. I cannot help.:eek:

Download InCrease then let it run.
Set up InCrease prefs then go to System Prefs and Start the F@H program.
The "-smp" program must be "stopped" before breaking an internet connection.
If the internet gets disconnected with F@H running then the WU will be lost.

http://calxalot.net/InCrease/

It should install as a service, atleast that's the way I installed V6 when it was released. Set and forget.

Success!!! it finally is cranking away at this protein, after 2 months i found a use for a mac book pro. thanks for the help guys

no problem, i'd get some fan monitoring software (i use smcFanControl) to crank those fans high enough so your comp doesn't get ridiculously hot.

gratz!

no problem, i'd get some fan monitoring software (i use smcFanControl) to crank those fans high enough so your comp doesn't get ridiculously hot.

gratz!

another good tip, i just installed the controller and have the fans cranked up nice and high. thanks everyone for your help.

anyone know how to set it so the mac doesn't shutdown or go into standy when i close the screen? I want to throw this in my garage and just let it run fah 24/7 and i don't want to see or hear it. When i close the screen i only want it to turn off the screen and nothing else. i know how to do this in windoze but not osx.

Back