Help with Asus Sabertooth Z77 UEFI issue

DeadByDawn

Limp Gawd
Hi All,

I just built a new ivy bridge system.
In a nutshell, my new system is:
- 3770K ivy bridge quad core
- older NVidia 9600gtx
-corsair ram dual channel 16gb in 2 x 8gb dims in the same color slot.
- Intel 520 ssd for OS
- 2 x older Seagate spin drives from prior pc.

Everything seems to be working in the OS.
I can boot into windows fine, I don't have any issues that I can detect.
I've been using it for about 6 hours without issue.

The problem is I would like to go into the bios.
When I hit Del or F2, the ufei loads up as a black screen with a mouse cursor.
As I move the mouse, the screen paints some detail in the mouse trails.
Its some kind of screen painting issue.
The action I can do is hit Enter (if I do it right away) and it will proceed with the boot process.

I downloaded asus update, and installed the latest BIOS from the asus support site.
This had no effect.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Which monitor model are you using? Could be a default resolution problem between UEFI and your monitor. UEFI outputs at 1280X1024 only and for some reason some older monitors won't default to this, resulting in no display or distorted display when in UEFI..

thanks for the reply. Im using a 1080p television.
I can see the logo when it boots, it just has some serious issues once i start moving the mouse curson around. The screen is black and the mouse movement unpaints parts of the screen. It's still very hard to see what is happening. I will try hooking up a normal monitor to it and see what happens.
I will also try to disconnect my vid card and maybe run off the ivy bridge and see.

Could be the TV I think - possibly not playing well with the output res of UEFI. Let me know what happens when you use the monitor.

Solved. It had something to do with the video coming from my dedicated card. (9600gt)
I switched to the ivy bridge embedded and it worked.

Thanks for your help

Back