Help with cooling and case choice

FutureTech

n00b
Hi
i am planning to do my 1st build around feb and need some advice on some parts in particular the case and the cooling.

I am probably gonna get the Cooler Master Stacker 832 but im unsure of what CPU cooler and VGA cooler to get with this case. apparently this case has the option for 4 fans to be mounted on the side panel but by doing so, large coolers will not fit.

i was looking at the thermalright ultra 120 as i had heard this was the best as i cant afford spending £000's on waterclooing atm will this be too big? am i better getting a smaller cpu cooler and having the 4 fans or getting a larger 1 and having 2 or 3 fans

as for case fans i was looking at the YATE LOON 120mm - D12SM-12 or the YATE LOON 120mm - D12SH-12
the case can hold around 9 fans i think, so how many should i buy if these are any good. Also what is the best setup ie which fans blowing air in and which blowing air out

the cpu i plan on buying is the Q9550 when released and the new high end card D9E or D8E w/e its called and i also plan to overclock it. im not to fussy about the fans being too quiet as long as they arent stupidly loud

Many thanks

Personally Im not a fan of the stacker cases, but thats just me.
9 120mm fans is overkill IMHO. Instead of using smart airflow, they just brute force as much air as possible...Not always a bad idea, but as quiet as 120mm fans are, 9 of them is quite a bit of noise and vibration.

If I was you, I would consider some of the products from Antec, SilverStone and Lian Li as alternatives. They are usually of higher quality, much quieter and have more efficient ways of cooling. They use cleaver airflow paths to get maximum cooling with minimal fans.

thanks what would u say were the best cases

also what cooling should i look at? best air coolers?
and how much would it cost for watercooling and is it worth it? i care less about the noise reduction than the reduction in temp

Stacker is a good case but look at the CM690. The CM690 has awesome airflow, solid, room for cable management and its the best bang for your buck. I paid $50. Has room for 2 120mm fans on top, 2 on the side, 2 in front and a 80mm fan behind the CPU and 120 on the back. Check it out. Also with the fans just use the cool master fans that come with the case they are very quite, but the air they push is mediocre. But the ones you showed are good too. Anyway for cpu cooling im using the V1, its great. But zalmans are just as good, and so is the thermalright 120's. Google and check out reviews..

thanks but im ideally looking for a bit larger case as im getting a big psu and new gen graphics cards so wanna make sure they fit. also as 1st build easier with a bigger case to make.

think im either gonna get the coolermaster stacker 832 or the silverstone TJ09B-W or stretch my budget for the silverstone TJ10B-W as looks a very nice case. leaning towards the silverstones :)

I have the Enermax Chakra, so far I'm loving it. I have 2 quiet 120mm fans installed (1 intake, 1 exhaust) and the huge side fan set to exhaust. My 8800GT has has 1.3 inches between intself and the hard drive cage.

Back