help with laptop hooked up to lcd monitor

Ok, so I don't know much about dual display set ups. Here is basically what I would like to accomplish. I have a laptop at work, and also an lcd monitor mounted on the other side of the wall. That lcd monitor is hooked up to the laptop via vga. It allows my customers to see whatever is displayed on my laptop.

Is there a way I can "lock" a particular window to be the only thing ever shown on that lcd screen for my customers, but then still flip through different windows and do some actual work on the laptop myself?

Ok, so I don't know much about dual display set ups. Here is basically what I would like to accomplish. I have a laptop at work, and also an lcd monitor mounted on the other side of the wall. That lcd monitor is hooked up to the laptop via vga. It allows my customers to see whatever is displayed on my laptop.

Is there a way I can "lock" a particular window to be the only thing ever shown on that lcd screen for my customers, but then still flip through different windows and do some actual work on the laptop myself?

Maybe set it up to span your desktop across the two screens and open what you want the customers to see full-screen on the monitor? You can use the laptop screen as your primary display, and unless you drag something to the other screen they won't see it.

Back