Help with TV Tuner please!

I just purchased a Kworld PCIe TV tuner for my computer. On the box it says Dual Analog TV Card, model number is PVR-TV PE210.

The cd that comes with it only has drivers for xp. I have looked all over online, found a few vista drivers and tried to install them but nothing is working. The closest I have gotten is starting the program then the feed will play for half a second, cut off, and give me the error "Invalid floating Point Operation."

Someone please help me, especially if you have this card or have dealt with it before. I might just be doing something stupid but I can't figure this out at all.

What does the Kworld website say about it working with Vista?

It just might not be compatible.

If all else try and RMA it back to who ever you bought it from; Kworld makes some pretty crappy tuner cards.

You tried downloading from their website. There's a software update from june and driver update from march for the PVR-TV PE210RF.

I guess I was looking at the wrong website or something before, but this website seemed to have what I needed.

I downloaded the driver, the hypermedia program, and the remote support program. From there I used their built in upgrading system. Everything seemed to be fine, so I tried the remote. Nothing happened. So I just tried to start the program normally and it started up fine, a little slow, but fine.

I ran the setup and whatnot, but at one part it asks for audio device. It seems to only give me options for line out, such as microphone, auxilary, etc. I tried choosing every option, but there is no sound. It picks up my cable and all the channels, just no sound.

Does anyone knowa fix for this? No sound and the remote still doesn't work. Also, Windows Media Center doesn't pick up the device at all. I can't set up the TV Tuner through that either.

Returning or RMA doesn't really seem to be an option, as I purchased it on the FS/T forum. :(

I can understand that, and I would be fine with that as well, but I really just want it working in some form with video and audio without always resorting to recording. Even through their poor software would be fine. Can anyone help me with this?

Download a trial version of Arcsoft Total media. Hypermedia isn't very good especially if it does not give you the option to use the audio pin for sound from the card. Arcsoft isn't that great but it works just about every capture card.

Back