Help

Ripskin

2[H]4U
Ive no luck with computers lately.

Long story short, had some ram problems that led to new problems so.. new motherboard and new TwinX Corsair 512 - 3200 c2 with led's.

Trying to format my old c drive to let me back into windows to do a backup full format. Well every time I go in to format (booting to winXP cd) I get the 0x0A error right after pressing enter to install.

Tonight I gave up and put in my 250 gig to just get to windows to back up, everything goes great, starts formatting, and at 20 % or so it gives me the 0x0A error. Reboot try again this time with a quick format. Formats and installs windows, comp auto reboots to finish installing, goes for 3 min then gives me a "RUNDLL32.exe - Application error" 0x77f52c81 refreced memory at 0x0105ba38 . the memory could not be read.

I had thought from reasearching the 0a error that my partitions had gone bad on my old drives, but when I got it on the new never before used drive I dont believe that its the hard drives anymore...and the memory is fresh out of the box, (only using one stick for now) The Mother board is brand new as well.

Computer specs...

DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra B
Athlon XP 2600+
Geforce 4 Ti 4600
WD 120 & 180 (old drives) Maxtor 250 (new)
Corsair TwinX 512 - 3200 C2 (one stick in now)

Since most of the componants are brand new I think it could be my processor, but im not quite sure how to diagnose that short of buying a new one. The video card could be the problem as well Its had a rough life at times and kept on going, Its never been oc'd but I cant rule it out. I stand a chance of being able to borrow one and try it out to eliminate GPU as the problem.

I do have a 3rd party chipset cooler installed but I dont think thats the problem. The waterblock on the CPU I dont think is causing any errors either, the bios temp says its in the mid 30's Celcius.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and if you have any ideas they would be welcome!

Edit::: After a few tries it let me click okay past those errors and continue, got to installing start menu when it BSOD'd with 0x50

Okay, I got it work for sorta last night, now today it wont boot to windows, gave me usb errors and then a 4e for bad memory...brand new ram i doubt its bad. i switched the sticks and now its a 0a again. Anyone know of any tools that are available to see which hardware device is causing my headache?

Back