Here's a doozy - Realtek jack sensing gone haywire!

Chris_Morley

Former [H] Consumer Managing Ed.
Ok, posted this in the HTPC forum because I AM running MCE and I suspect it has something to do with the Fusion5 cards I have in here.

I can install MCE and the Realtek 1.31 HD audio drivers just fine. I can even install the Fusion5 cards just fine. But when I connect an OTA antenna it throws the jack sensing feature into a hissy fit. Autosensing pops up constantly, showing jacks plugged and unplugged, and then it just stops detecting. The only solution at this point is to reinstall MCE.

Any ideas? This is an ASUS A8R32-MVP Radeon Xpress 3200 motherboard.

The first thing that comes to mind is that it might be something with the mobo, the Xpress 3200 chipsets are still pretty "new and unproven" for HTPC use.

Second thing that comes to mind is that, if you have it installed, be due to Roll Up2, Roll up 2 is known to cause all sorts of "fun" problems and has so far has been discouraged until MS fixes the bugs it creates. But if you're running a 360 as an Extender or are using a supported DVD changer then you need to have it installed.

Third, yeah it could be the Fusion 5, they're known to be pretty finicky about hardware as well. Could you try another HD card in it? You could try moving the Fusion card to different PCI slots. Tried it in another MCE box? Hell, it could be possible that the Fusion5 could just not like the mobo.

Have you tried another PVR app to see if the problem exist in that as well? Both SageTV and BeyondTV (version 4) support HD tuners and they have a trail version you can test with.

As I mentioned in the beginning those boards are pretty new so I haven't heard of anyone using them in an MCE system yet muchless with a Fusion5, I just don't know how much help I can give. :(

Thanks, it's no big deal because optical will be used, I just don't like to see anomolies...

Back