Here's an all new Samsung monitor lineup from CeBIT 2005, Hanover

luvhina

n00b
Hi, I'm a new member here.
actually, I was waiting for my new Sammy 193P coming this week, but after I read this news from CeBIT2005, I canceled my order rightaway. The 193P and all other new Sammy models are so much upgraded, so known the fact that I'd get somewhat an old model, I didn't think I'd be fully satisfied with my new monitor. Hopefully, prices are gonna be affordable for the new models. According to the CeBIT, I think Samsung is the only company that drastically changed its monitor lineups. Its main biggest domestic rival, LG-Philips is, compared to Sammy, somewhat outclassed there in the CeBIT, IMO. Unlike here in the US, LG has been more popular in Korean domestic market partially or mainly due to its design and F-Engine models. There are lots of so-called anti-sammy or PVA bashers too. Some ppl even joke that LG hire those guys to bash rival products. heh,, Now with alot faster PVA panels, I wonder how they'll react to it. Anyway, it's quite unfortunate LG isn't bringing its best products here in the US. I know only Bestbuy carries some 20P or 80U models but newer 20P+ or 30/40P models have been very successful in the KDM. Anyhow, here's the new Sammy models.
You can check out the whold page here, but for those who can't stand some Japanese characters, I made it clear for the Samsung models only. Actually, you can definitely see spec numbers and figure them out.
http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2005/0311/cebit05.htm

SyncMaster 173P Plus : 1280*1024 / res time 8ms / contrast ratio 1500:1 / viewing angle 178|178 / brightness 280 / DVI-D&D-Sub
http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2005/0311/cebit05_2.jpg

SyncMaster 193P Plus : 1280*1024 / res time 8ms / contrast ratio 1000:1 / viewing angle 178|178 / brightness 250(no change) / DVI-D&D-Sub
http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2005/0311/cebit05_3.jpg

SyncMaster 740B : 1280*1024 / res time 8ms / contrast ratio 700:1 / viewing angle 160|160 / brightness 300 / DVI-D&D-Sub *should be TN panel
http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2005/0311/cebit05_4.jpg

SyncMaster 930B : 1280*1024 / res time 8ms / contrast ratio 700:1 / viewing angle 160|160 / brightness 300 / DVI-D&D-Sub *should be TN panel *interestingly, the displayed model has 4ms(grey to grey) panel with upgraded MagicSpeed II *all models with 8ms have MagicSpeed. *There's no release date for 4ms product models at this moment.
http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2005/0311/cebit05_5.jpg

SyncMaster 940B : 1280*1024 / res time 8ms / contrast ratio 700:1 / viewing angle 160|160 / brightness 300 / DVI-D&D-Sub *should be TN panel
http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2005/0311/cebit05_6.jpg

SyncMaster 740T : 1280*1024 / res time 8ms / contrast ratio 700:1 / viewing angle 160|160 / brightness 300 / DVI-D&D-Sub *should be TN panel
http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2005/0311/cebit05_7.jpg

SyncMaster 940T : 1280*1024 / res time 20ms / contrast ratio 1000:1 / viewing angle 178|178 / brightness 250 / DVI-D&D-Sub *a tad upgraded panel from 193P
http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2005/0311/cebit05_8.jpg

SyncMaster 930C : 1280*1024 / res time 8ms / contrast ratio 700:1 / viewing angle 160|160 / brightness 300 / DVI-D&D-Sub *should be TN panel *This model is for Colour-weakness users with some kind of colour adjustment feature.
http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2005/0311/cebit05_9.jpg

SyncMaster 750P : 1280*1024 / res time 6ms / contrast ratio 1500:1 / viewing angle 178|178 / brightness 280 / DVI-I&D-Sub *unbelievable 6ms response time with 1500:1 contrast ratio. Can we say PVA all the way? *has an unique dual hinge design so it can be well height adjustable. Could be ugly for some ppl tho. I hope 950P(?) is gonna be slated for release soon.
http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2005/0311/cebit05_10.jpg

SyncMaster 721SA : 1280*1024 / res time 8ms / contrast ratio 700:1 / viewing angle 160|160 / brightness 300 / DVI-D&D-Sub *should be TN panel *17" design of 920T
http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2005/0311/cebit05_11.jpg

SyncMaster 204T : 1600*1200 / res time 16ms / contrast ratio :700 / viewing angle 178|178 / brightness 280 / DVI-I&D-Sub&S-Video
http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2005/0311/cebit05_12.jpg

SyncMaster 242MP : 1920*1200 / res time 12ms / contrast ratio : 1000:1 / viewing angle 178|178 / brightness 500 / DVI-D&D-Sub&S-Video&Component/5W stereo speakers *looks like a Samsung version of well beloved 2405FPW, I'm not sure this model can pivot(certainly not) or has usb hubs and memory card slots. but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be helluva more pricey than the 2405. I don't particularly like its design though. too dull for samsung standard. It's more like a rushed and unfinished product for the expo as you can see some messed up lines in the back side and no Sammy badge. No HDMI port is somewhat disappointed
http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2005/0311/cebit05_13.jpg

Samsung also displayed 180/180 viewing angle S-PVA 82" LCD TV. http://www.samsung.com/PressCenter/PressRelease/PressRelease.asp?seq=20050311_0000102074#

Any more info/details on the samsung LTM210M2 panel? The specs look sweet, a 21" widescreen with 8ms response time.

Sorry, no further informations on the new Samsung monitors. I don't know why they didn't display any models that use the LTM210M2 panel. seems like it's going mass production soon. Probably some other brands like Dell or Sony will?

when is the 204 Coming out? It looks very attractive and a competitor to the Dell 2001FP.
Does it come with that magic whatever software?

Unfortunately, there's no release date for these new monitors as of now. They're not even listed on Samsung Korea site either. However, according to the Japanese site above, all models are slated for release in Spring or later. so it should be coming out soon since the most current models are 1yr+ old products.

BTW, the all new Samsung monitors feature Magic Tune and Colour, 1000:1 models have Magic Contrast and 8ms models have Magic Speed.

I heard that the Magic Colour is a similar module that LG has been boasting of F-Engine since last year.

I drool.................these are the monitors I was waiting for.
I hope a 950P appears soon, or the 21in unannounced model successor to 213T.

:)

IWKUA said:
Any more info/details on the samsung LTM210M2 panel? The specs look sweet, a 21" widescreen with 8ms response time.

yes this is the Monitor I want more info on, if it can be had $500.00ish on sale then I'm there, I dont see why it would be much higher as competition on LCD is geting fierce. Anyway thats the one I want as it has the S-PVA panel and 8ms response and will be very cool looking to boot. david

PS. Thanks for you work on the above pics.

ImLazZzy said:
That 24" badboy looks so delicious......................

I have to choose between that and the dell...

The specs are identicle (yes? - same panel yes?), the price of the samsung will no doubt be a hella lot more but it does look pretty slick (as long as those speakers are removeable!)

Any estimates about when it'll be for sale or if it's likely to be VESA compliant?

thanks

I called up Samsung and they gave me some crap about how they haven't finalized the specs on any of the new monitors and have no idea when they will come out. Pretty much just tried to run me off the phone with an attitude. Jeez.

I wonder if this guy even knows about the CeBIT where they showed off the monitors WORKING that supposedly haven't even been finalized. Then he tells me I should just get the 193P instead of the 193P+. Wow thanks a lot a**hole.

radpilot said:
I drool.................these are the monitors I was waiting for.
I hope a 950P appears soon, or the 21in unannounced model successor to 213T.

:)

Yes I am also anxiously awaiting news on 213T successor. The new panel is listed as 2Q05, so we should see monitors using it popping up soon I hope.

SyncMaster 242MP has nice specs but otherwise looks too bulky and boring. IIRC, it will also have a ridiculously high price...

Hmm, I just read that all those reponse time numbers of new models are for grey to grey, not black to white as the ISO norm says. Obivously, all manufacturers will now use this method of measurement which makes everything even MORE complicated. Before, we had 8ms monitors that could reach that speed on black to white transitions but we didn't know how it behaved on transitions to other colors. Now, we'll have 4ms and 6ms monitors and will have absolutely no idea of how it behaves on any color since it's measured in a different way to make it seem like they progressed from 8ms to 4ms. It's all marketing. It's a good thing that the grey to grey response time is getting faster but I bet next year we will have 1ms monitors that still blur in fast games :rolleyes:

Anyway, here's the quote from behardware about the overdrive technology.
Whether if it is BenQ or Samsung, TN or VA panels, both manufacturer use the same technology to improve monitor’s response time: the "overdrive". Both manufacturers have even admitted that some of the monitors are just updates of existing products. The base (liquid crystal, transistors, neon, filters) is the same. The only difference is the electronic. The controller decides for some of the color change to increase the cell voltage to accelerate the crystal rotation. For example, to change from a grey 200 to 120, instead of applying to normal voltage of 1 V, it will apply 1.2 V. The cell electromagnetic field increases consequently and accelerates the liquid crystal movement. This principle isn’t applied to all color changes. That explains the progressive change of response time measures from “black to white” (like the ISO norm says) to “Grey to Grey”. Manufacturers now give the fastest response time amongst all measures. In the end, however, a GtoG 6 ms won’t be necessarily more reactive for black to white than a 16 ms. 16, 12, 8, 6 and 5 ms models are the same except for this more or less efficient overdrive. Our problem is that for now this trick hasn’t been really convincing. Panels are really reactive but we haven’t noticed any real progresses in practice. Let’s hope that it will be more efficient with the new 4, 5 and 6 ms panels to come and with new VA

yep, kinda lame, if we can get true 12ms then things are good,. But puting 12ms on a >16ms black to white monitor is deceptive. I've been a little concerned with the number of people saying the 2405 Dell has minor ghosting. The problem is they act like they have improved LCD's when in fact they are at the same speed as the last few years. I have a Samsung 712n at 12ms and it does a very nice job of playing FPS, but I wouldn't want it to be any slower thats for sure. So I'm thinking that the new 8ms panels are about the same as mine which is OK just not the dream realized of true 8ms black to white.

Well I know for a fact that at least one of these has been released already. I just bought the new 930B at BestBuy yesterday. $469 - $90 mail in rebate = $379 final cost. Seems excellent for gaming so far. WIll post more info later or answer any questions if anyone is interested. ;)

Well for a fact the 2405 so called 12ms grey to grey is just plain wrong. At 12ms response i would expect the monitor to handle up to 83 changes per second, if you use the monitor with games at 60fps you can see blur and clearly the pixels can't respond anywhere nearly the 1/60th of the second they need to. I have my doubts about the 2405 becuase it's a PVA panel, historically the reponse curves on those sort of panels is pretty bad and I suspect the grey-to-grey market times are for a select grey to grey transition that's optimal, but chances are grey to grey reponse times for the lower end of the grey scale are really bad, because PVA's just aren't good at responding at that lower end.

Is the 940b an 8 Bit screen? 16.7 million colors. i know it's weird but I can tell a slight difference on shades.

I want 173P+ or 193P+. 8ms PVA. my eyes will love it.

I wouldn't say that. A chinese site has a preview of the 193P+ and the response time might be 8ms grey-to-grey but black-to-white looked to be as bad as 20+ ms.

nervx said:
I want 173P+ or 193P+. 8ms PVA. my eyes will love it.

I wouldn't say that. A chinese site has a preview of the 193P+ and the response time might be 8ms grey-to-grey but black-to-white looked to be as bad as 20+ ms.
The black to white is still 20ms so that's not a surprise. It's the grey to grey that matters though. All current 8ms panels can reach that speed only 1% of the time and are over 20ms 90% of the time. If its grey to grey response time turns out to be fast, the panel should be just as good in games as current 8ms TN screens regardless of it's higher black to white response time.

Chaballaman said:
I want 173P+ or 193P+. 8ms PVA. :) my eyes will love it.

Yah, I'll wait for that. Should be Groundbreaking. The colors do look pretty sweet on that. Plus it doesn't seem so Bright from 250 specs, so maybe backlighting will be decent. Why do they make them so bright?

Right now I have a Sony E400 and they were great but I really like the vividness, low emissions, of LCD. Seems more textured and like your really there. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Are there drool smiles?

I would like to find out what tech they are using to get the PVA panels so quick.

Theoretically, the 2405 blurs more than the 2005... IPS response time is usually faster than pva, even with overdrive. Again, for those looking for fast panels for FPS games, stick with the 6-bit dithered TN panels.

steviep: Dithering is really not the common used method for achieving 16.2 mil. colours on TN panels. Frame Rate Control (FRC) is.
Dithering is just the method where you change the colour of nearby pixels to create an illusion of a colour in a pixel.
FRC uses algorithms to blend a colour from two favourable. FRC can somehow misinterpret the given command and do some strange calculations which can lead to a glittering phenomenon often visible in certain scenes when watching movies.

PVA panels used electrical voltages to speed up to grey tone transitions. The fastest transition used to be black-white-black on VA variants because the highest electrical voltage from the TF transistor was applied and therefore the liquid crystals responded faster.
It can seem paradoxically as it is the longest transition but it is because of the voltage.
That is why a grey tone-black transition is slower. Lower voltage is applied and the liquid crystals respond slower.
With MagicSpeed and Overdrive technologies you apply a higher voltage to a grey tone transition and still force it to twist into the same position as before, faster.

It is simplified to get an idea of the principle

IWKUA said:

I'm waiting for display with this panel too... :rolleyes:

Back