Here's my situation

Lyrids

Limp Gawd
Two years ago I put together a pimp rig (1GB PC3200 DDR, Athlon 64 3200+, Geforce 6800 GT, the works) and up until now it has given me no problems. Now two of the memory slots on the motherboard have given out, leaving me with only 512MB of RAM. I've finally allowed myself to realize that the only way I'm going to fix this situation is by buying something and that I won't be able to repair it. Originally I was just going to buy my same motherboard again (MSI K8N Neo Platinum) again so I could just go back to the way things were. Then I started thinking about adding another GB of memory so I could bump it up to 2GB. Then I started to think ahead even further and realized that the memory purchase would be kind of worthless once I get a new motherboard and processor with faster speeds.

This is my dilemma. Should I just go with my original plan and buy the motherboard and RAM, or is it too late to make an "upgrade" like that and should I just hold out another few generations and make a real upgrade to the rig?

I'd say save a little and buy something nice.

Back