Heroes of Might and Magic VI

WabeWalker

Supreme [H]ardness
Does anybody here know anything about this?

Chiefly, I'm wondering if this game is anything like Disciples 3? I enjoyed my first six hours with Disciples 3 - but damn is it ever shallow. People said to me, play King's Bounty - alas, for right or wrong, I can't get past the art direction, which reminds me of Barbie, for some reason.

There isn't much info on HoMMVI yet, not sure why. Honestly, HoMMV wasn't very good... if this new one turns out to be more like HoMMIII then it will be quite good.

Kings Bounty is probably the most well rounded of the genre so far, it's actually pretty decent.

I've been somewhat following it the past few months. There will be a total of 5 factions.

Haven (humans)
Inferno (demons)
Undead faction (forgot name)
Stronghold (Orcs) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcT_70mXqaw
Sanctuary (Naga) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyQsdjY9ehU

The game will be a prequel to Heroes 5 and will explain how all 5 factions came into existence. They're going to incorporate more rpg elements and boss fights into the game.

Gameplay vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QInkjKdvIHg&hd=1

The art style seems much improved compared to HOMM 5 and more in line with the rest of the series.

The game is just too simple. A turn based hack n slash game. It worked 10 years ago but needs something more to hold your interest.

I've been somewhat following it the past few months. There will be a total of 5 factions.

Haven (humans)
Inferno (demons)
Undead faction (forgot name)
Stronghold (Orcs) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcT_70mXqaw
Sanctuary (Naga) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyQsdjY9ehU

The game will be a prequel to Heroes 5 and will explain how all 5 factions came into existence. They're going to incorporate more rpg elements and boss fights into the game.

Gameplay vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QInkjKdvIHg&hd=1

I like what I'm seeing here. Thanks for the links. Reviews will be important for this.

The game is just too simple. A turn based hack n slash game. It worked 10 years ago but needs something more to hold your interest.

That's what proper strategy is for, assuming the devs are thinking the same way.

Turn based stategy isn't outmoded, proper implementation just seems a little rare.

Since they are using square grids my guess it'll be most similar to the 4th one? just a guess.

I've been playing through Vandal Hearts on xbox live arcade and I like the gameplay, I can think out my moves and character placement without being rushed by a timer. It's fun.

If this game plays anything like vandal hearts which it looks like it does from the combat video (utilizing squares to show available movement and attacks) I will pick it up without having played any of the others.

I see Steam has Heroes of Might and Magic V available. Is that worth picking up?

Wabe, I have noticed lately that you have a lot of game threads!!

\\I see Steam has Heroes of Might and Magic V available. Is that worth picking up?

The fan favorite of the series seems to be number 3. Two of my friends got 5 a few years ago when it was released and enjoyed playing it, but very few people seem to think it's the best.

imo, V was terribad, IV was forgettable but at least it wasn't like V. Generally III or II is the favorite among the fans of the series, although graphic is very dated in both games so it might turn off people who never tried the series.

I actually thoroughly enjoyed V. If you dont hold expectations from the previous games I believe there is a very good experience to be gained. In comparison to the previous games it may not be the best, but hey.. I like it :)

I actually reinstalled 3 not too long ago and had a blast playing back through some random maps.

The BEST part about it though is that on modern PCs, the CPU turns last all of 4 seconds TOTAL.

I actually thoroughly enjoyed V. If you dont hold expectations from the previous games I believe there is a very good experience to be gained. In comparison to the previous games it may not be the best, but hey.. I like it :)

I would've like to have magical switch to turn off my expectations, man I really needed that one when I bought Master of Orion III on day 1...still mad about that. Fortunately after V, my expectations for VI will be fairly low.

Five was very good. I enjoyed it a lot. Looking forward to 6

Five wasn't perfect, but it was much better than 4. Four was an incomplete mess with half-implemented ideas due to the closure of NWC. That game was just a waste of time. II and III are indeed the best but V is worth spending some time with if you enjoy that type of game.

I had alot of bugs in V. Though, the OC is far better than either of the expansions.

omfg HOMM 2 was amazing...I used to play that non-stop. Hilarious as a Necromancer when you'd amass thousands of skeletons.

I really hope this turns out well, I absolutely adored this series in the beginning. So much fun to play with friends.

omfg HOMM 2 was amazing...I used to play that non-stop. Hilarious as a Necromancer when you'd amass thousands of skeletons.

I really hope this turns out well, I absolutely adored this series in the beginning. So much fun to play with friends.

I dont know if it was the colorful toony artstyle, the feel or the less systematic gameplay compared to nr 3, but Heroes 2 really has a special place in my heart.

1 thing: After heroes 2, why did they opt to give you enough army slots to bring all the types of troops you could produce? I thought it was brilliant to have to choose for diversity

I dont know if it was the colorful toony artstyle, the feel or the less systematic gameplay compared to nr 3, but Heroes 2 really has a special place in my heart.
For my money, Heroes II also had by far the best soundtrack of the series. Sometimes my turns would take 10-20 minutes from me just sitting there listening to the music.

HOMM3 is the best. I sold my copy of HOMM4 on Amazon a couple of years back for $5. I participated in an early beta of HOMM5 and it wasn't to my liking. All of the 3D shiny graphics just dragged the game down.

Still a good game.

I am confused, is there a campaign in this one? Are you fighting against other people or evil monsters? I saw there was a boss fight which surprised and intrigued me somewhat. I wonder what kind of game it will be.

I am confused, is there a campaign in this one? Are you fighting against other people or evil monsters? I saw there was a boss fight which surprised and intrigued me somewhat. I wonder what kind of game it will be.

I think you may have been thinking of LoL/DotA/HoN. HoMM games are always campaign oriented.

Back