Hey Going down the digital lane

IanSMK

Weaksauce
i need a flatscreen/panel/lcd whatever monitor, i know nothing about the names i need a space save because im now in a college dorm and its taking up way to much desk space, i wanna ditch the crt but anyways i need a moniter thats good for gaming, ive heard people get a problem with Gaming with something called ghosting? size doesnt really bother me i kind of want maybe 15 inches atleast, im willing to order online but if theres something hot at best buy that is good for gaming and isnt tooooo much money ill get it there because i would like to get settled in quickly, dont need speakers on it.. i know nothing about what specs to look at and such as far as a moniter goes for gaming...i would like to get atleast 1600xwutever resolution because i usually run my games on that

have a geforce 6800 gt, thx in advance guys i know you guys will solve all my problems soon enough...this forum is amazing

1600 X 1200 Means you start your search at 20” and up. If you read around the forum a bit, even days, weeks back you will find no lack of opinion on many of the top models.

Keep in mind this is the time of year for model changes so you may find some really good closeout deals or want to spring for the latest and greatest.

It’s a bit of a learning process ;)

IanSMK said:
i need a flatscreen/panel/lcd whatever monitor, i know nothing about the names i need a space save because im now in a college dorm and its taking up way to much desk space, i wanna ditch the crt but anyways i need a moniter thats good for gaming, ive heard people get a problem with Gaming with something called ghosting? size doesnt really bother me i kind of want maybe 15 inches atleast, im willing to order online but if theres something hot at best buy that is good for gaming and isnt tooooo much money ill get it there because i would like to get settled in quickly, dont need speakers on it.. i know nothing about what specs to look at and such as far as a moniter goes for gaming...i would like to get atleast 1600xwutever resolution because i usually run my games on that

have a geforce 6800 gt, thx in advance guys i know you guys will solve all my problems soon enough...this forum is amazing

For 1600x1200, find a VP201B (locally, or monitorsdirect.com/monitorsoutlet.com; do not go Newegg--ability to return is a must). Check for defects; many have been reported on this forum. Return it till you get a good one, 'nuff said.

wow haha 870 dollars, anything more towards 400-500? i guess ill settle with 1280 if its that insane

i just need something with good response and 1280 resolution...something mainstream u know?

IanSMK said:
wow haha 870 dollars, anything more towards 400-500? i guess ill settle with 1280 if its that insane

That's about half the price it started at. Maybe 2/3's; but it's still an incredible deal. I suggest you go with a 172X or 710T; either from Samsung.

Back