Hey TN...

From the [H] front page...
"About a week ago, The Consumerist stumbled upon claims made by various gaming websites (specifically, Elite Bastards and Beyond3D) that graphics chip manufacturer Nvidia, in cooperation with the Arbuthnot Entertainment Group (AEG), had seeded various gaming and PC hardware enthusiast sites with pro-Nvidia shills. That is to say, that AEG would hire employees to create ‘personas’ in various gaming communities, slowly building up the trust of other members by frequent posting unrelated to Nvidia, to later cash in that trust with message board postings talking up the positive qualities of Nvidia’s products. The research done by these gaming websites and communities fingered a few likely suspects, but did not prove outright that AEG’s work—quoted on their web site as “Message board monitoring and response” and “Strategic seeding viral assets to ensure they are spread far and wide”—included placing ringers in their communities."

Maybee AquaComputer is doing this too... :D

EDIT - Daishi is right it should be taken as a joke only!
Standard Disclaimer: This was not meant in any form as a jab against any company, nor any of their products, nor small bore setups in general, nor the people who use small bore setups, nor the cases, powersupplies, motherboards, or cpus that are used in silly small bore setups or otherwise in idiotic small bore equipped machines.

I know of these tactics. They hire people to create multiple personas on multiple forums. They want the people to post 6-8 posts an hour. They dont want these to be moronic posts however, they want them to be coherent. They want the people to build up the personas to be knowledgeable and trusted. That way they can start adding in subtle marketing lines to their posts.

I think the dead giveaway that TN is not hired is the complete lack of subtlety behind her opinion. :p

Erasmus354 said:
......I think the dead giveaway that TN is not hired is the complete lack of subtlety behind her opinion. :p

could say the same for a few of the "anti-AC/anti-low flow" posters as well ;)

topcat989 said:
would it help if i posted a pic of a water fountain with an A-C logo? at least a chuckle?

i was temped to do one up with the lead in "i saw an awsome low-flow piece of equipment. chilled water, open loop, personal cooling. just amazing"

hahah nice... but honestly, we all know that TN is the most verbose about it. And I'm sure she'll get a kick outta the idea... probly pick up five or six new animated smileys just for it :D :D

I'm deeply honored to have such attention paid to my humble words of wisdom.

icon_bouncing_smiles.gif

Here's one for you!

ac5in.jpg

TN, the picture is missing the caption: "jetzt kennen Sie die Bestandteile in unserem Wasserzusatz." :D
FYI, this as w/ everyone else's, is a joke.

Punx_Clever said:
Maybee AquaComputer is doing this too... :D

Standard Disclaimer: This was not meant in any form as a jab against any company, nor any of their products, nor small bore setups in general, nor the people who use small bore setups, nor the cases, powersupplies, motherboards, or cpus that are used in silly small bore setups or otherwise in idiotic small bore equipped machines.

Maybe they are...never trust anyone. :eek:

Nice Disclaimer. :D

DFI Daishi said:
would it help if i posted a pic of a water fountain with an A-C logo? at least a chuckle?

i was temped to do one up with the lead in "i saw an awsome low-flow piece of equipment. chilled water, open loop, personal cooling. just amazing"

I need a joke so pleasse...............

topcat989 said:

The smiley is the low flow guy with the light side of the force and the other guy is from the evil high flowing dark side. The great epic battle has begun. :eek:

icon_jedi.gif

Aqua Computer is great!
Masterful workmanship that could Only come from Germany!
The Best prices, style, above and beyond best results!
If you are not using Aqua Computer water cooling, YOUR NOTHING!

Begrüßen Sie Aquamarinblaue Computerverbeugung, zu ihnen oder wir werden unsere übermäßigen Soldaten an Ihnen
schicken!

Majin said:
Begrüßen Sie Aquamarinblaue Computerverbeugung, zu ihnen oder wir werden unsere übermäßigen Soldaten an Ihnen
schicken!

"Welcome aquamarine-blue computer bow, to them or we our excessive soldiers at you will send"
Either you or BabelFish really screwed something up... :D

LOL, its pretty bad, cuz when I read that article...The first thing I thought was TN......

Top Nurse said:
The smiley is the low flow guy with the light side of the force and the other guy is from the evil high flowing dark side. The great epic battle has begun. :eek:

icon_jedi.gif

GO DARK SIDE!!!! :D :D :D

Back