(Hi there) Request for info (reviews) on Philips 200P7EB

Fluffbutt

n00b
I've been looking, for a while now, into buying an LCD monitor.

I hate widescreen, so it's down to 1600x1200, 20 inch or 21 inch.

I've narrowed it down to Viewsonic vp2030b/2130b, the Samsung 204b, and the Philips 200p7eb.

The Viewsonic has that EDID problem. I know some people have fixed it my 'flashing' the monitor edid with a new one (that lists 640x400@60), but do they ALL work with the flash. Also I'm doubting the logic of buying a known bad setup, and the user having to do the fixes.

The Samsung has that 10 pixel high line after 90 to 120 days (that's some 10, 000 dead pixels!!) - ok, again Samsung will replace the monitor.. But I just can't accept the idea of having to send it back and fart about gettimg RMA's and calling up and etc.

Now, down to the main question:

Has anyone GOT a Philips 200p7eb - what's it like generally, for games, for movies? Any problem areas (like the dvi muckup with viewsonic)? Can you post any pix?

Has anyone SEEN any reviews of this online (please post link) (I've been searching for ages and haven't seen one!).

Oh, a number of reasons. Basically I can't see any use for it. I like height as well as width, not just width.

Back