High Def Playback with 6600 GT skipping

ProOC

Limp Gawd
I just bought a 6600 gt agp and I am trying to playback some high def tv captures, but they are skipping. It seems to be using 100% cpu usage. I am on the 71.89 forceware drivers which seem to be the newest. Anyone have any ideas on this?

I am using component video and am playing the .ts files with power dvd 6.

Thanks in advance.

im pretty sure powerdvd is a software-only rendering program... try using the NVDVD program that comes with the card (at least it came with my 68GT)

Yeah I tried using theatertek and it works fine now. Thanks.

Also, nVidia's DVD Decoder is not the same thing as NVDVD. You have to pay (I think) $20 for it, and it works with most DVD playback programs.

my card, the BFG 6800GT, came with NVDVD. that is why i suggested it, i assumed all NV cards had it... guess not.

Nope, my PNY didn't. Although when I called and asked, they were kind enough to ship me a driver CD from their FX cards- it had the latest NVDVD build on it, and I just ended up downloading DVD Decoder myself when I realized that none of the board manufacturers included this out of the box.

NVDVD is just an NV branded DVD player (much like ATI's), I believe it's based on WinDVD (ATI's being PowerDVD)...

Anyways yeah NV's MPEG2 codec isn't the same as NVDVD player (although NVDVD contains and ancient version of it, don't bother using this version).

Back