High flow external cooling

Top Nurse

Supreme [H]ardness
As the topic says I am wondering about what some of you are doing with external Koolance style high flow setups? I found this cute little bugger the other day called the WaterKegIII that gives high flow users something to play around with in an external box.

Obviously this appears to be early in it's development cycle, but it seems to have a lot of potential for some serious water cooling. A nice plexi top would be great. :D

newls will be happy you stumbled upon his product. Better than the koolance products, instead using known good items more knowledgeable water cooling guys use. If you're looking for a premade solution that won't require much modification of your case, it's a good solution

Hey, I like this post:D Are you all talking about this:

2000767747840958213_rs.jpg

I was wondering when you would chime in newls1 :p . Great work, I see you have it on Petra's now as well!

yup, yup:D trying my best to do whatever it is I can do:)

Putting a stainless or aluminum grill instead of those wire grills would add some nice nice. If you moved the rads to the front you could also double as a heater during the winter. ;)

How about some close-up pics of the inside and the ports on the outside?

Hey, I like this post:D Are you all talking about this:

2000767747840958213_rs.jpg

Are you available for hire? I have an idea on how I would like an external water cooling setup... but I do not have the time or skill to be able to do it with a "polished" end product.

My idea consists of a case with two large rads (car?, about 120 in a 3x3 arraignment ). I would want two pumps that are setup so they can be run in parallel or as individual loops. I would think a one way flow valve would need to be installed in case one of the pumps dies.

A flow meter on each rad, temp, one large fan for each rad, automatic fan control.

edit: I am not interested in bling, just functional and built professionally.

I would think that a system like this could easily handle 1500 watts while still being very quite. my idea of quite is no louder than the hard drives.

Anyways... let me know if you are interested, and want more of my ideas of what I want.

Sorry guys haven't been here as of late, but thanks RANKER for the link, there are also more, but you would have to go to my website, and Im sure I cant link the website here, as I'll probably get an infraction:(

Sorry guys haven't been here as of late, but thanks RANKER for the link, there are also more, but you would have to go to my website, and Im sure I cant link the website here, as I'll probably get an infraction:(

NP at all. Always willing to help out an innovative XS member.

Checked out that thread, but what I wanted was pics in this format =>

There's a fair bit of potential with this.

Could, for example, fit 2 radiators, and have slower fans, fit 2 pumps, completely isolate them for silence. All sorts of things that normal cases just can't do.

Likely if it was going as high end as that it'd need to be anodised or powder coated to match existing cases, and also sized to match em.

Really? Can you post a picture?

EDIT: Added Pics.

Here are a couple pics. They are old, though, and the system looks a tad different now (see worklog below).
DSC02371.jpg

DSCF0059-1.jpg

Here are a couple links to my worklogs - you can see tons of pictures in them if interested. The first is the "Revitalization" thread where I am replacing and updating components for the external system. Unfortunately the project has been on hold for several months due to college/work, etc. I plan to resume work on it this weekend, though. Link: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1112694&highlight=revitalization
This is the original worklog, showing design from the ground up: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=915156

I suppose designs aren't that similar, but the idea of sideway airflow and 3 120mm fans and the overall component placement is the same. I guess I saw his external system and thought it closely resembled mine, that's all. Maybe it is just me :p .

Here are pictures of the WaterKegIII Xtreme series for ya'll PA120.3 (painted custom) lots of internal dress-ups now included! Also notice the 3/8 tapered hole in the front of the case, that is access to the bleeder valve on the radiator!!

2000446510148523718_fs.jpg

2000220764834592505_fs.jpg

Back