HIjackthis....

Tech_Pro

Limp Gawd
Ok i just got this proggie, i used it, now i cannot get to gmail. it says that the site doesnt exist... is there a way so i can get to gmail?

Tech_Pro said:
Ok i just got this proggie, i used it, now i cannot get to gmail. it says that the site doesnt exist... is there a way so i can get to gmail?

Can you tell us what you did with HijickThis!?

Can you ping google.com?

ok i just ran hijackthis, and then i tried to go to gmail.google.com and then it just says Web page not available....

Tech_Pro said:
ok i just ran hijackthis, and then i tried to go to gmail.google.com and then it just says Web page not available....

When you "just run" HijackThis! all it does is give you a list.
What you do with that list (checking boxes, etc.) is what we would need to know about.

yes i clicked every box cept for the ones that say Google or anything related to google. and now i just uninstalled hijackthis and restored all the things it took out..

why did you uncheck everything not related to google? where did you get the idea to do this?

Lugztaz said:
why did you uncheck everything not related to google? where did you get the idea to do this?
He did the opposite. Read what the man posts. :eek:

yeah i gave up on HIJACKTHIS, the whole browers targeting thing... oh well... thank you for your concern

How about post a HijackThis log, rather than just nuking stuff?

Unless you know exactly what you're removing, you can cause serious problems really quick.

Back