HIS Radeon 6850 1GB $140.95 Ebay shipped

You completely missed the point of my post.......aside from the $25 not being a huge hot deal, my point was its definitely not worth it when you consider the obvious risk. In this case the seller did turn out fraudulent, and if you had followed the link I provided you would have found out buyers have already had their accounts compromised, whoever it was was data mining, he got your $145 and your credit card info which he will use to purchase more goods to sell to more people who can't see anything else but a "Hot Deal".......repeat ad nauseum. He will Continue to sell hot goods using other peoples credit cards and all he has to do is create new accounts on sites like eBay.

Good luck. This is why I warned you guys. $25.......not worth the risk.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1580509

Hey, send me $25. It's no big deal.

Im pretty sure no returns means no returns. Sure you can try to ship it back to the seller at your cost. But don't expect anything else to happen. If nothing else they can refuse the package and you will end up with it right back at your doorstep with the carrier's hand out expecting you to pay for the return trip back.......or the seller will keep the item and ignore the fact that you sent it back, which was a violation of the terms of the transaction.

All my listings say no returns sold as-is. End of story. By clicking on the buy it now button you agree to those terms.
wrong. you can still return by making a paypal dispute. After you win, you give tracking number to paypal and paypal gives you money back. I've done it many many times to sellers who said no returns, sold as is, etc.

I used PayPal too. We can compare packing list info. Ebay seller's name is seller.scott. My packing list from Newegg shows a bill to of James Shxxx (didn't want to post his full name here) in Johnstown, PA.

I don't have the box in front of me, but I remember the packing slip had a CA address.

I am with you nobody_here... I avoid ebay no matter what. I have been burned too many times, and while paypal gives you less than HALF back, ebay doesn't give JACK and they email you back every BULLSHIT excuse, even after I flamed them hard and proved them wrong by every little sentence they said. They just eventually stopped trying to respond after getting scammed 100% by a 100% rated, paypal verified seller.... it was all smooth as butter and you would never have thought it was a scammer, nobody would have as I am super paranoid after being scammed 3x (almost, but I stopped the package, or payment in time after realizing) --- then I thought the $10,000 ebay protection plan worked.... HA! That is just more hoops and excuses they shoot at you for WEEKS trying to get you to give up... I did not and they ended up giving me $0 and 0 cents. I went over EVERY claus in the contract and I 100% abided by every detail... they just replied "Sorry, this is our last email" and do NOT care, believe me. I had solid evidence, address, numbers, and the seller never replied and they fucking took their side! I was completely shocked and have quit ebay/paypal for good after that shocking bs. They have since changed their "protection plan" a lot after that month coincidentally

Don't stress these guys buying.................They will keep saying "omg ebay saved me $4 on this and that" but when they get burned for $100+ one time, there goes all their trust and money they "saved" back to ebay... and ebay will just shoo you away, believe me I emailed them for WEEKS about the scams and they eventually just gave up trying to make up excuses. I have lost ebay lots of money since then, for sure :D They have tanked hard recently

Last edited:
Some other guy (in the other copycat thread of this thread seen here ... why is there 2 threads? and why is this still in HOT DEALS when its been a huge discussion deal thread? )

Anyways, a guy in the other thread got scammed after he bought this ebay deal..... they charged his CC # with over $5,000 from newegg and lenovo! LOL! Good luck with your shotty ebay "deals"

RISK HERE:

A.Save $39 because some guy got a mail in rebate deal you didnt
B. Lose $140 and get nothing but a huge waste of time,bandwidth,patience,trust,and money

Some other guy (in the other copycat thread of this thread seen here ... why is there 2 threads? and why is this still in HOT DEALS when its been a huge discussion deal thread? )

Anyways, a guy in the other thread got scammed after he bought this ebay deal..... they charged his CC # with over $5,000 from newegg and lenovo! LOL! Good luck with your shotty ebay "deals"

RISK HERE:

A.Save $39 because some guy got a mail in rebate deal you didnt
B. Lose $140 and get nothing but a huge waste of time,bandwidth,patience,trust,and money

Please explain to me how you think it is possible for a seller to get credit card information out of a standard PayPal transaction. I am genuinely curious.

I'm lost, this is how I understand it.

1 guy had his CC hacked. Seriously look up statistics on this, it WILL happen to you if you own a CC or Debit card.

1 guy is rubbing it in everyone's faces that he was "right". Nice, you won, here's some girl scout cookies.

Everyone who has ordered that I know of has reported getting their cards, in my case it took a bit longer than I expected. Yes it seems very likely that they were acquired through stolen CC's.

No one has heard anything from eBay, Paypal, or Newegg and we likely won't, ever.

Has anyone thought of sending a letter to some of these billing address to see if they knew they were getting charged for these cards? Just an idea.

I was only worried about the warranty on these. Passed based on that.

if you read the whole thread the guy admits that he jumped the gun on blaming the ebay seller for his cc. Nobody Here is just trolling this topic and it's GAY AS FUCK. and 25 bux is like what 15% off? Nowadays sellers in fs/t think used shit should only be 10-15% off and you miss out on that brand new feeling and usually warranty/refund protections so I say 15% off on bnib is a great deal.

You completely missed the point of my post.......aside from the $25 not being a huge hot deal, my point was its definitely not worth it when you consider the obvious risk. In this case the seller did turn out fraudulent, and if you had followed the link I provided you would have found out buyers have already had their accounts compromised, whoever it was was data mining, he got your $145 and your credit card info which he will use to purchase more goods to sell to more people who can't see anything else but a "Hot Deal".......repeat ad nauseum. He will Continue to sell hot goods using other peoples credit cards and all he has to do is create new accounts on sites like eBay.

Good luck. This is why I warned you guys. $25.......not worth the risk.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1580509

With due respect there is no confirmation any of what you are saying is true. One person had a problem with his credit card...........who knows if what the guy is saying is true and even if it is true this doesnt make the guy selliing the video cards guilty. He has excellent feedback and it seems like many have ordered the cards without any problems.

i am the one who had problems with my credit card and after dealing with it this morning, the local branch manager could not offer me any clues as to where it might have come from.

and you guys are saying the $25 is no big deal. its $40 difference! you cannot include the rebate as they take forever to come. rebates are just bonuses when they come in. its STILL $40 cheaper at initial purchase. 22% cheaper than newegg. thats worth the risk, especially when reports say it came BNIB.

the fraud that happened with my card, i admit i jumped to conclusions because like many said, paypal just dumps the money into his account. there is no transaction with giving card numbers or anything. and the whole problem doesn't actually cost me any money, just half hour this morning signing paperwork at the bank.

therefore, if the card comes i still think it was worth it. my new cc is already in the mail. and if it doesn't, i log into paypal, dispute the charge and i get money back.

Why would anyone put an EBAY deal up here anyways? I think any 'deal' on Ebay should NOT be shown on the Hot Deals forum. Ebay sucks, we can all agree to that, so why give them anymore web hits by linking to their site?

i am the one who had problems with my credit card and after dealing with it this morning, the local branch manager could not offer me any clues as to where it might have come from.

and you guys are saying the $25 is no big deal. its $40 difference! you cannot include the rebate as they take forever to come. rebates are just bonuses when they come in. its STILL $40 cheaper at initial purchase. 22% cheaper than newegg. thats worth the risk, especially when reports say it came BNIB.

the fraud that happened with my card, i admit i jumped to conclusions because like many said, paypal just dumps the money into his account. there is no transaction with giving card numbers or anything. and the whole problem doesn't actually cost me any money, just half hour this morning signing paperwork at the bank.

therefore, if the card comes i still think it was worth it. my new cc is already in the mail. and if it doesn't, i log into paypal, dispute the charge and i get money back.

it was $25 when i pointed it out in the beginning....and yes that would have included a rebate, i personally hate them, but the OMG get something for 30% off by doing Bing+Code+MIR+Google Checkout+PromoCode>>!!??!!>>!! stuff that floats around here...yeah a simple MIR can be considered valid as they usually do work out honestly

and i honestly am fearful for your health if you think $40 is even worth the substantial risk you took....thats crazy logic you got there bro, i mean to each his own, but come on.....can you be bought that easily?

and i honestly am fearful for your health if you think $40 is even worth the substantial risk you took....thats crazy logic you got there bro, i mean to each his own, but come on.....can you be bought that easily?

OH GOD NO, PayPal is a HUUUGGGEEEE risk..I can't believe he'd even consider using it.

Give me a break -- what is it, like 40% of everything sold on Ebay is stolen? You are taking a risk every time you purchase something there. Hell, might as well stop using online banking and Amazon, huge risk there of your card getting stolen man, better play it safe.

Give me a break.

OH GOD NO, PayPal is a HUUUGGGEEEE risk..I can't believe he'd even consider using it.

Give me a break -- what is it, like 40% of everything sold on Ebay is stolen? You are taking a risk every time you purchase something there. Hell, might as well stop using online banking and Amazon, huge risk there of your card getting stolen man, better play it safe.

Give me a break.

I wasn't talking about PayPal, I use it regularly, I was talking about eBay vs. Newegg.

I have bought and sold on Ebay using PayPal for many years and have close to 500 feedback. The only bad thing about PayPal is the fees that they charge.
I have only had a couple of problems over the years.

The last one before Christmas is when I bought this used XBox 360 from someone and when I got it wasnt working correctly. He didnt want to take a return and refund my money.
I filed a claim. Ebay ruled in my favor and sent me a prepaid shipping label to return the XBox. As soon as the guy received it my money was refunded including shipping.

FYI, my bf's 6850 just arrived a couple nights ago. Shipping took a long time, but this deal is legit. Also, it was drop shipped directly from Newegg. If it's stolen, then Newegg stole it from themselves.

FYI, my bf's 6850 just arrived a couple nights ago. Shipping took a long time, but this deal is legit. Also, it was drop shipped directly from Newegg. If it's stolen, then Newegg stole it from themselves.

Stolen CC....not stolen as in 5-finger-discount.

one of the fraud charges on my card was a transaction to newegg for $182 (seems like the price for a 6850). if anyone gets one from VA, pm me the info please

one of the fraud charges on my card was a transaction to newegg for $182 (seems like the price for a 6850). if anyone gets one from VA, pm me the info please

I did, but it was someone named Chun Huao or something.

This guy has cards 'back in stock' now.

It looks sketchy to me. It could be a credit card theft/money laundering scam. Probably the seller is using stolen credit cards to make the purchases and then pocketing the Paypal cash before anyone is the wiser.

This seller's name is "seller.scott" - Member since: Jul-22-10 - Location: United States
The previous deal was from "seller.johnmargel" - Member since: Jul-22-10 Location: United States

Anyone else see a pattern here?

I talked with a friend that works for Newegg - he said if I can provide order numbers, they can investigate these these transactions.

Post up the names, order numbers and seller info and I can forward it on.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Post up the names, order numbers and seller info and I can forward it on.

I highly doubt anyone working for NewEgg would have trouble tracking down blocks of 20x HIS 6850 orders that all went out with 2 day shipping and had no other items in the order.

why his radeon 6850's if this is a scam.. i dont get it.

I looked at the sellers' histories. They have been selling brand new medium-ticket items like AMD PII X4 965 cpus, EVGA GeForce GTX 460 SE cards, and the 6850's. Looks like they're selling the items BIN as a decent not-super-killer deal to draw in the buyers.

Reviews of this seller on eBay:
For an Intel Core i3-560 Clarkdale 3.33GHz 4 x 256KB L2 - New (#120669530203): "Fast shipping and amazing product! Shipped via NewEgg!!!? Crazy, Thanks a lot!!!"

For an AMD PhenomII X4 965 3.4 GHz Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX: "Brand new from Newegg?! YESYESYESYESLOVE"
I highly doubt anyone working for NewEgg would have trouble tracking down blocks of 20x HIS 6850 orders that all went out with 2 day shipping and had no other items in the order.

Order numbers just help the process.

Last edited:
Back