HIS Radeon HD 6950 259.99 after MIR

I have had a few HIS cards, never had an issue, have never dealt with their rma.

My HIS 6950 unlocked does 950/1450 on 1.2v and 6950 volts on the memory :p

when these hit this price w/o rebate, that's when i'd like to bite. regardless, good deal.

I have this added to my cart just waiting for taxes in 2 days lol. I hate rebates with a passion tho.

Just a heads up his is known for not honoring rebates.
(still waiting for 30bux from a 4870)

Just a heads up his is known for not honoring rebates.
(still waiting for 30bux from a 4870)

HIS, like most other video card companies, probably uses a third party to process and distribute rebates, so I don't see how HIS could be any worse than other companies at honoring rebates.

Now if you contacted HIS customer support after not receiving a rebate and were refused help, then that is HIS's fault. But if you merely did not receive a rebate within a reasonable time period, HIS likely isn't to blame.

Rebats are fine.. As long as you actually jump through all tehre hoops. I have never been denied a rebate.

HIS rma support is standard fare... rma'ed a HIS HD4670 1GB DDR3, took less than a month to process through.

Anyone have an idea when Amazon will get more? Love the 'egg, but $24 in taxes sucks.

I ordered this card last week. My rebate is in the mail, they sent me a tracking number for the check I'm going to receive.

I ordered mine Thursday and the tracking indicates tomorrow for delivery.

I ordered this card last week. My rebate is in the mail, they sent me a tracking number for the check I'm going to receive.
I take it once you fill out the online form all you have to do is mail in the barcode right? Or do you even have to do that at all?

I ordered mine Thursday and the tracking indicates tomorrow for delivery.

I take it once you fill out the online form all you have to do is mail in the barcode right? Or do you even have to do that at all?

Yeah the barcode/proof of purchase and your newegg invoice.

I found an XFX 6950 at TD today for $289 -$10 MIR. When I went back to put it in my cart, a $10 coupon offer came up for signing up for their mailing list. I signed up and they said they'd send my code in 2-4 days so it's sitting in my cart waiting for the code to arrive. Couple that with the $5 off google checkout and it's $265+7 something for shipping. XFX has been great to me in the past so opting to go that route.

In on the $260 deal - thanks! Nervous as sh*t about ATI's drivers but going to take a chance anyway as I want to play maxed at 1920x1200 and $335-350 for a GTX 570 is just too much money for me.

can someone tell me the length of this card?

Jen

6970 = 27.31cm = 10.75in approximately

6870 = 25.08cm = 9.875in approximately

5870 = 28.19cm = 11.1in approximately

570 = 26.67cm = 10.5in

580 = 26.67cm = 10.5in

I found an XFX 6950 at TD today for $289 -$10 MIR. When I went back to put it in my cart, a $10 coupon offer came up for signing up for their mailing list. I signed up and they said they'd send my code in 2-4 days so it's sitting in my cart waiting for the code to arrive. Couple that with the $5 off google checkout and it's $265+7 something for shipping. XFX has been great to me in the past so opting to go that route.

Or just get it on amazon David Hasslehoff-free for $289.99

It's back in stock at Amazon- but listed as sold by CircuitCity... Anyone know if that still works with the rebate? CircuitCity is not listed on the rebate, but Amazon is, so my question to anyone that shops the big A is: do you get a reciept (or email) that says Amazon in this case?

Yeah, definitely longer than 8". Was about a 1/4" longer than my gtx 275. Even had to move some HD's from out in front on my antec 1200 to make it fit.

I think all of the 2gig cards can be flashed- the switch seems to be visible next to the crossfire connector. And the Techpowerup flashing poll indicates 41 of 41 cards worked from HIS...
And I bit, at Amazon... I figure that the chances of Amazon not getting stock in 27 days are slim...

Last edited:
Back