HL2 Aftermath and Lost Coast

Noodle Boy

Limp Gawd
I'm not sure if there are any other threads on this but here's a link to some scans of PC GAMER UK that covers HL2 Aftermath, The Lost Coast, and DOD:S

http://www.hl2world.com/bbs/2-vt32955.html?postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Well it seems in aftermath the citadel survived that big blast, however all the creatures that weren't in C17 like antlions will now be in the city. I'm not as excited about this as The Lost Coast. I'd love to see how valve puts together a level full of HDR. If i read the article correctly, Gordon's vision will alter according to the lighting which he's in. Moreover, the minimum requirements for TLC according to PCGUK will be 3.2Ghz p4, 1gig ram, and a top of the line video card. I'm looking forward to TLC, as HL2 didn't really stress my system.

I am very much looking forward to further updates to HL2 especially HL2: D.M. I saw a demo of HL2's lost cost on G4 T.V. and it looks amazing. I hope that my system will be able to handle H.D.R. lighting running HL2. I still haven't beaten HL2 single player mode yet though, too busy playing D.M.

I'm curious how big of a performance advantage SLI will have with these games with HDR. Depending on what I see, maybe i'll make the jump to a PCIx SLI motherboard sooner than I anticipated. I was hoping to hold out upgrading the mobo till the socket 1207 platform comes out.

Back