HL2 Collectors Edition Thoughts

Matrox462

Gawd
I got my HL2 Collectors Edition early from Best-Buy today, AND I got to use their 10% off coupon... AWESOME! Anyways, I was slightly disappointed that the shirt they give isn't like the one from E3. It's black, and has the H2 symbol on the front chest. I thought it'd have a portrait of Gordon on the back, oh well, who cares, it's still awesome. Also, I thought the included book would be a full size book, but it's just a tiny pocket size book. Again, it doesn't really matter, it still has nice pictures in it. I can't wait until tomorrow to fire it up once steam is going. :-P

The only reason I got Coll Ed was to play HL "1.5". I know it's not completely updated, but I'm still looking forward to reliving the game.

kpedge said:
The only reason I got Coll Ed was to play HL "1.5". I know it's not completely updated, but I'm still looking forward to reliving the game.

Exact same reason here. It's been so long since I played the original game, so I'm looking forward to that. I tried looking around to see if the Collector Edition is the only way to get HL:Source, and it seems like that's the only way. Also, I heard that it DOESN'T have updated texture resolutions... Don't know if that's changed or not, but I read it in a PC Gamer magazine. But it says that you can later on download packs that people will make that will improve the visuals even further. Most of HL:Source is in the engine upgrade with better physics and water effects.

Matrox462 said:
I tried looking around to see if the Collector Edition is the only way to get HL:Source, and it seems like that's the only way.

Not true. Check steam. You can buy the deluxe edition (with HL:S, CS:S. and DoD:S) online for 89.95 via steam. That's what I'm doing.

sanosuke2999 said:
Us "steamers" are getting Half life source you know and we also get Day of defeat source.. :D

Can't really get into DOD with all the Battlefield games around- but to each their own. Also, glad CE is in DVD format.

kpedge said:
Can't really get into DOD with all the Battlefield games around- but to each their own. Also, glad CE is in DVD format.

Yea I love that, the CE version saves me the trouble of having to burn my own 1 Disc DVD version like i did with UT2k4 and Doom 3 :p

svet-am said:
Not true. Check steam. You can buy the deluxe edition (with HL:S, CS:S. and DoD:S) online for 89.95 via steam. That's what I'm doing.

silver has hl:s and dod:s and its $59.95

Back