HL2 Coupon

MaMMa

Supreme [H]ardness
For all those who turned these damn things in for the free game w/video deal, did you guys get any email back from them or something to know that it went through?

I did all the steps they asked for and nothing happened, wtf is going on and is there a way I can check the status of my own coupon?

Dear John Smith,

Thank you for your interest in Half-Life? 2. Once we receive your
completed submission, your information will be updated, and you will be
notified by email when Half-Life? 2 becomes available.

Please remember to include all the required information outlined on the
order form.

Thank you,
ATI Half-Life? 2 Customer Service
North American Toll Free: 1-866-223-4955
International: 905-882-2600 ext.2331

I got that a loonngggg time ago and that was it.

Edit:

Ok I'm ghey. I just called them after I posted this and saw the Customer service # :p

Anyway, one more question, I bought a 9800 XT from here, my second one, it came with no reciept and they guy i got it from won't email me back. How can I get another game with just the coupon and UPC, no reciept!

some asshole stole my coupon at a lan party. Pissed me off becuase not only do i not get to use it, but he cant either. I even know who it is and asked for it back, but he denies it, like it is any use to him. God that pissed me off, lol but that was like 6 months ago and by the time this game comes out I will not care and just go buy it. Oh well at least i still have the print out with the serial number on it so I can play cs source beta :)

JEEVES

damn thats just ghey, that right tthere is grounds for a can of whoop ass. seriously

Yes, I would have a hard time letting that one go. If you cant beat him up, hang his dog.

can't you just login steam, enter the cupon code and it will register on your account ?

i thought thats how it worked

ii dunno how it is if u go that route, but i do know if you want the hard copy actually, you have to send in a photocopy of the reciept, actually UPC and photocopy of the coupon along with the application.

I just spoke with customer service and they said there's no way around it

133 said:
can't you just login steam, enter the cupon code and it will register on your account ?

i thought thats how it worked

yeah thats all you have to do

if you want to get a physical boxed copy of hl2 you have to send it in and all that stuff

but if your just going to download it on steam then you only need to cupon. So that guy who stole it could use your cupon.

JEEVES/whohasmyname? said:
some asshole stole my coupon at a lan party. Pissed me off becuase not only do i not get to use it, but he cant either. I even know who it is and asked for it back, but he denies it, like it is any use to him. God that pissed me off, lol but that was like 6 months ago and by the time this game comes out I will not care and just go buy it. Oh well at least i still have the print out with the serial number on it so I can play cs source beta :)

JEEVES

Oh man, I feel you. If I was there, I woulda helped you out with him. I'm a great "mediator".

-J.

MaMMa said:
ii dunno how it is if u go that route, but i do know if you want the hard copy actually, you have to send in a photocopy of the reciept, actually UPC and photocopy of the coupon along with the application.

I just spoke with customer service and they said there's no way around it

wait, are you trying to get 2 copies of the game? if so, all you need to do is wait for the first copy to come, then make a copy of the cd, and you'll have two working cd-keys and two copies of the cds.....

or just install each copy with a different key, dont even need two copies of the discs really.

where am I going to get the keys? I'll only have one. Where did you get the second key from :confused:

MaMMa said:
where am I going to get the keys? I'll only have one. Where did you get the second key from :confused:

one key is on the hl2 cupon

and if you order the retail cd using your hl2 cupon and upc code then you would get another Cd key with the boxed version of the game

that = 2 keys

unless they have special versions w/o cd keys that they send to ati cupon holders

MaMMa said:

uhm, your first post said you sent in one coupon for hl2 already, then you said you got another coupon but no receipt.

1+1=2 ....

Back