HL2:EP1 Story Thread (Contains Spoilers!)

beanman101283

2[H]4U
To try to keep it out of the other threads, i'm starting this story thread to talk about what happened in the newest episode.

I'm very surprised that it was the Vortigaunts that got Gordon and Alyx out of the explosion. I was expecting it to be a completely new force. Did anybody notice the Gman in videos or wandering around in the distance like the last two games?

After the part where you fall through the wooden floor into the room filled with zombies, as i was making my way back up i heard a bunch of citizens complaining about Dr. Kleiner, wondering why all the leaders were doctors, and one person even said he missed the Combine! I would have shot him if could. lol

I was expecting more questions to be answered, and really all it did was answer the big one from the last game: what happened to Gordon and Alyx, and how did they escape the explosion?

However, i'm not the most observant person when it comes to games, so someone please post if they noticed anything else while making their way through.

That was about it, it answers how Gordon and Alex survived the blast, and nothing else, just more questions.... I am so frustrated at the story of HL... I LOVE the story, but i hate how we just keep getting teased and no Answers are givin..... its getting super old and i want some G DAM ANSWERS !

/end rant

shaggymcp said:
That was about it, it answers how Gordon and Alex survived the blast, and nothing else, just more questions.... I am so frustrated at the story of HL... I LOVE the story, but i hate how we just keep getting teased and no Answers are givin..... its getting super old and i want some G DAM ANSWERS !

/end rant

Not true, It answered how they lived (or more specifically Alex since we new Freeman was fine). The Kliener confirmed during his speach that the Vorgans are our friends (Black Mesa was a miss understanding), that City 17 was pretty much the center point of the whole world for Combine control. We can assume that Breen is dead, and the one lady is screwed. We learn that the G-Man is pissed at the Vorgans for removing you from stasis. In fact for me most of the questions left have to due with the Message (what is it and why was it so important) and what happens to Alyx.

if they kill her off I am never going to by another valve game, including things distributed by them, (which means no more Sin Episodes). I mean man The whole time I am playing it, I was like man imagine if the made huminiod bots that could look like anybody, I would want it to be exactly like Alyx and I would hit it every day. I mean seriously I was thinking about screwing an Alyx bot, that messed up. For me its almost made a switch for for me from playing it because its HL to playing it for Alyx. 7 of nine did that to star trek for me, I hadn't missed an episode of ST (any series) until Voyager left the air and their was no more 7. Only watched one episode of Enterprise since. Sorry You don't make her that important then kill her off. No on the other hand they are just taking her out of commision then I am fine with that, they spent a lot of effort on her in this and having her along again probably will delay the episode.

Topweasel said:
if they kill her off I am never going to by another valve game, including things distributed by them, (which means no more Sin Episodes). I mean man The whole time I am playing it, I was like man imagine if the made huminiod bots that could look like anybody, I would want it to be exactly like Alyx and I would hit it every day. I mean seriously I was thinking about screwing an Alyx bot, that messed up.

Win.

That is the dorkiest thing I've ever heard confessed to on the internet. And yes, this is the same internet with Star Wars Kid.

finalgt said:
That is the dorkiest thing I've ever heard confessed to on the internet. And yes, this is the same internet with Star Wars Kid.

Agreed, but it had to be done. Valve has to know the importance of this caracter before they do a thing like kill her off.

I mean, who didn't say yes when She asked if their was room for two in your HAV suite.

Topweasel said:
Agreed, but it had to be done. Valve has to know the importance of this caracter before they do a thing like kill her off.

I mean, who didn't say yes when She asked if their was room for two in your HAV suite.

dude, um, i hate to be the one to break this to you, i mean, maybe i can help you out here see, she can't hear you. See, she hasn't got ears. Well, maybe in a 3d model kind of way but not in "our" physical realm (and i say "our" very losely, i am considering emigrating from this physical plane if this continues). She is a computer illustration, a projection if you will, of a character in this story, game or if you like, interactive entertainment.

Just thought i'd clear up the confusion.

Plus, things like this i can point out to my wife and go

"SEE!, you call me a geek...THATS a geek, call me mr 100% balanced normal dude"

Kristo said:
dude, um, i hate to be the one to break this to you, i mean, maybe i can help you out here see, she can't hear you. See, she hasn't got ears. Well, maybe in a 3d model kind of way but not in "our" physical realm (and i say "our" very losely, i am considering emigrating from this physical plane if this continues). She is a computer illustration, a projection if you will, of a character in this story, game or if you like, interactive entertainment.

Just thought i'd clear up the confusion.

Plus, things like this i can point out to my wife and go

"SEE!, you call me a geek...THATS a geek, call me mr 100% balanced normal dude"

Hey on acouple of different forums I have heard people say the same thing. It wasn't intentional it just came out after she said it. Now me wanting to bang a RL representaion of her thats just me being a geek.

I thought that most people on here were older than 14. Huh.

xerus` said:
if they kill her off I am never going to by another valve game, including things distributed by them, (which means no more Sin Episodes). I mean man The whole time I am playing it, I was like man imagine if the made huminiod bots that could look like anybody, I would want it to be exactly like Alyx and I would hit it every day. I mean seriously I was thinking about screwing an Alyx bot, that messed up.
Win.

Um. Loose. Infact, that defines looser right there.

After I bought DoD:S I told myself no more STEAM games. I buckled under Red Orchestra and after I played it I again vowed no more STEAM games. I fired up STEAM one night and noticed HL2: Ep 1 was only $18, so I figured what the hell. After playing it, all 2 hours of it, I am sticking to my guns, no more STEAM games. Honestly the game felt like some sort of tech demo, much like Lost Coast, and nothing more. Yes there was a storyline but the game was absolutely too damn short. Honestly this felt like those dumbass booster packs that EA is pimping. Unless I read that Ep 2 is longer than this demo I will not buy it, I don't get too enthrawled in the storyline to actually give a shit how it ends.

So did anyone notice anything BESIDES Alyx? :p

I guess if story doesn't matter to you, or Half Life in general isn't a big deal to you, there's nothing too spectacular about this game. From the teaser trailers that have been released, it seems like they're only marketing it to people who have played Half Life 2 and know what's going on. I'm not really sure why they're touting the news that you don't need HL2 to play. Who would buy this game other than people who have played and enjoyed the previous ones?

A lot of people play SP games like there's some sort of time limit. There's no point in rushing through the game a fast a you possibly can just so you can get on the forums and whine about it's length.

What exactly happened at the end, was it the weird aliens (Whatever those massive slug aliens were) zapping Gordon in the head or did the GMan get to him or did the thing explode and they got blown up? Alyx screams "Gordon!?!?!?" So I assume something just happened to him, but I'm not sure.

And what ARE those slug giant space ship dudes that we see?

ben7866 said:
What exactly happened at the end, was it the weird aliens (Whatever those massive slug aliens were) zapping Gordon in the head or did the GMan get to him or did the thing explode and they got blown up? Alyx screams "Gordon!?!?!?" So I assume something just happened to him, but I'm not sure.

And what ARE those slug giant space ship dudes that we see?

My assumption was that they were the combine and that is how they look.

Whenever you get into the room with the other citizens and huddle around the TV, we hear Dr. Kleiner tell people that they need to reproduce. I dunno what Alyx said, but it was something to the effect of "He says we should do it?"

I was all for that. Since the reactor is destroyed... I think Ep2 is prime time for Gordon and Alyx to explore the great world of sex. I can tell she's a tigress in bed. Did you see that scar on her right eyebrow... that wasn't from fighting off zombines....

Alyx and Gordon were meant to be together. Let's do it dammit!

Damn, I can't wait till episode 2. I need to take even more screenshots of her ass.

apHytHiaTe said:
Whenever you get into the room with the other citizens and huddle around the TV, we hear Dr. Kleiner tell people that they need to reproduce. I dunno what Alyx said, but it was something to the effect of "He says we should do it?"

I was all for that. Since the reactor is destroyed... I think Ep2 is prime time for Gordon and Alyx to explore the great world of sex. I can tell she's a tigress in bed. Did you see that scar on her right eyebrow... that wasn't from fighting off zombines....

Alyx and Gordon were meant to be together. Let's do it dammit!

Damn, I can't wait till episode 2. I need to take even more screenshots of her ass.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you like anime.

Back