HL2 Episode #1 Install Problems.

xplicit

[H]ard|Gawd
When I install Half Life 2, steam installs fine and then nothing happens. Am I just being too impatient or have I bought a bad disc???

Anyone?

Huh? What do you mean nothing happens? I don't have retail discs but it sounds like you're not following the installation process correctly as it is most likely not like other installs. Double check that and if all else fails just run steam and download HL2.

TekSomniaK said:
Huh? What do you mean nothing happens? I don't have retail discs but it sounds like you're not following the installation process correctly as it is most likely not like other installs. Double check that and if all else fails just run steam and download HL2.

Steam installs a shortcut to my desktop and I get a message saying HL2 will now install, then nothing happens.
If I click on the steam shortcut it tells me steam is already running...
This is retail disc, new and unopened prior to install.
I'm lost here!

i was just playing that game today and alyx got stuck on something and she wouldnt budge and she kept getting killed, nice bugs in this game i hope they fix them.

You should be able to open up steam, if you don't have a steam account yet, you'll be prompted to set one up. Once you're past that click "my games" and it will show you a list of games installed. It will also show the status of the game, it could be downloading updates.

Otherwise, if you get a steam account setup, you should beable to just download the game from steam instead of a cd install. Yes you'll have do wait a couple hours to re-download your games but it's an option to try if you're having problems.

download steam from steampowered.com
install steam from there
login to your steam account (if you don't have one make one)
after you login, click on the Games tab and Activate a Product on steam
enter your cdkey
when it asks for the disc, insert it

xplicit said:
Steam installs a shortcut to my desktop and I get a message saying HL2 will now install, then nothing happens.
If I click on the steam shortcut it tells me steam is already running...
This is retail disc, new and unopened prior to install.
I'm lost here!
You're getting that error before you're trying to launch another copy of Steam.

Just follow the instructions or just activate it through Steam and it let download E1.

Back