***HL2 Episode 2 Discussion Thread***(Spoilers)

stoney_titan

[H]ard|Gawd
Disclaimer: This thread will have spoilers and do not need to be hidden. If you haven't finished it, go now!

Well I didn't see a discussion thread for the game and just beat it minutes ago.

Alright, here we go!

-Whats with the 8.5 pounds of extra weight that Dr. Kliener put aside so quickly when brought up at launch? Seeming like he's covering his ass or something?

-Do we know what's on the Apature ship besides "their technology"? Portal gun? :)

- Who's in charge of the combine now?

- Towards the end are we going to the ship to destroy it or pick up what's her face? Both? :confused:

Answer these questions that you know, ask more and speculate on the rest!

Disclaimer: This thread will have spoilers and do not need to be hidden. If you haven't finished it, go now!

Well I didn't see a discussion thread for the game and just beat it minutes ago.

Alright, here we go!

-Whats with the 8.5 pounds of extra weight that Dr. Kliener put aside so quickly when brought up at launch? Seeming like he's covering his ass or something?

-Do we know what's on the Apature ship besides "their technology"? Portal gun? :)

- Towards the end are we going to the ship to destroy it or pick up what's her face? Both? :confused:

search button is your friend. i think i may have started that thread but im not sure lmao.

but to answer your question...

8.5lbs = garden gnome.

Borealis = ApSci vessel. what it holds is the only question, well find out with Ep3, which im 100% sure buying on launch day, valve is my gaming god.

The combine are there own entity, breen had nothing to do with them, they are run by those "things"

At the end the intention is to go find and destroy Borealis, but we all know gordon is getting some swanky new shit to wreck some combine face with alyx who is enraged at the combine for what happened. rescuing whats her face is also a goal.

search button is your friend. i think i may have started that thread but im not sure lmao.

Words I searched for prior to making this thread:

Half life
Half life two
Episode
Episode two
HL2
HL2 Ep.2
Half life two episode two
episode discussion
HL2 Episode two

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's long gone. I'm a newb but not that breed.
Garden gnome? I must have missed that. Can you elaborate the meaning of it?

To the unanswered question above

** SPOLIERS **

The extra 8.5 pounds is Lamarr. You can see the headcrap get on board the rocket to hide, and then I promptly closed the door and sealed it in. I've put up with enough of these things already!

And it seems that you will be given a choice, I am not certain, but it certainly feels like there's a choice that's indicated.

Words I searched for prior to making this thread:

Half life
Half life two
Episode
Episode two
HL2
HL2 Ep.2
Half life two episode two
episode discussion
HL2 Episode two

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's long gone. I'm a newb but not that breed.
Garden gnome? I must have missed that. Can you elaborate the meaning of it?

wow thats odd :S cause im 100% SURE that there was one :S checking child forums including PC and console gaming as well? maybe tis a search bug :S not doubting you, dont get me wrong. the forums been crazy lately. bug hunting FTW. :p

Clearly we're not going to try and destroy it, we're going to be placed in some kind of jeopardy or peril where it seems necessary to open the Pandora's Box presented by the Borealis, only to have to deal with the consequences later.

I mean, how many times has Valve foreshadowed things like this? "We don't go to Ravenholm," followed by a romp through Ravenholm. A descent into the crumbling citadel shortly after Eli and Kleiner tell us "You can't go back into the citadel, it's far too dangerous!"

It's like saying "Don't put on the ring!" or "Don't stray from the road!" - you know that at some point or another, our protagonists are going to ignore those warnings and the audience will get to see the consequences first-hand.

wow thats odd :S cause im 100% SURE that there was one :S checking child forums including PC and console gaming as well? maybe tis a search bug :S not doubting you, dont get me wrong. the forums been crazy lately. bug hunting FTW. :p

Yeah it's cool. I was searching for it to read and get some answers and was like, wtf?

Where the hell is Judith right now?

To the unanswered question above

** SPOLIERS **

The extra 8.5 pounds is Lamarr. You can see the headcrap get on board the rocket to hide, and then I promptly closed the door and sealed it in. I've put up with enough of these things already!

And it seems that you will be given a choice, I am not certain, but it certainly feels like there's a choice that's indicated.

That's what I guessed it was. Guess I wasn't paying enough attention though, because I don't remember actually seeing Lamarr.

Alright, here we go!

Lamarr, gets everywhere!

Eli Vance mentions , 'Crystals' when talking about the Borealis and that this was the cause of the incident at Black Mesa. Whatever the cargo it's harmful. Aperture Technologies are probably a sinister research coproration... maybe they discovered something in the frozen wastelands. This is pure conjecture - it could be anything.

The Combine - not sure. The vortex has been closed. I'm not sure how much the Combine will figure in Episode 3?

There is one thing that is sure and that is the cargo must be destroyed (according to Eli Vance anyway) Episode 3 will involve the search for the Borealis and there we will find Judith Mossman. She has already discovered the ships location, but communications between Alyx and her were cut short prematurely before she could tell of its whereabouts.

Episode 3 is going to be great and should cover frozen wastelands and hopefully involve piloting the helicopter as seen at the end of Episode 2.

The G-Man will surely return...

Back