Holiday season upgrade?

galdoes16

Gawd
I have $260 at the moment to find a replacement for my GTX260, there is also a possibility to add $100 to my budget if there is a dramatic advantage to doing so... My main games of concern at 1080p are BF3 and Skyrim. (#1, along with some graphics tweaks as they become known.)

I'm trying to keep up with rumors of Nvidia price drops on the way and also the upcoming Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals but as always who knows the best time to buy? Does anyone have some guidance here that could help me out?

Currently looking at the following options, any ideas from both Nvidia and ATI would be greatly appreciated. I would also LOVE to find some good used deals in order to get more bang for my bucks.

1x GTX 580 if I could find a good used deal.
1x GTX 570 for $280 +/-
1x GTX 560 Ti for $200 +/-
GTX480 for $260 +/-

All in all just looking for some second opinions on whats out there right now and over the next couple weeks, thanks!

Personally I find ATI to be a better bang for the buck. Look for a 2gb 6950 or a 6970. Stay away from GTX 480 unless you find one for a great deal or don't mind the extra heat. 560 TI isn't bad but a bit overpriced compared to a 2gb 6950 IMO.

GTX560ti with 448 cores comes out at the end of this month. If you can wait for the reviews, you might just get a good card for a good price. Its basicly a GTX570 with a few lesser cores but priced as a GTX560ti (around € 230 where I live).

Just heard that my local Best Buy has some 460 1gb's for $100 and there is a $30 MIR that can be had. I think I'll make a trip over there to see what they have!

Back