Holy 21st century display tech Batman

Zorachus

[H]F Junkie
Now we're talking, this is what I thought the future of bad ass displays would look like, just give me three of these in Eyefinity :eek:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/30/lgs-31-inch-oled-prototype-to-slice-through-ifa/#disqus_thread

What was Samsung saying last year about having thin bezel tech on the market for last Christmas 09' :rolleyes: I know this new LG is still a prototype, but just knowing some day it will be out for us gamers is very exciting.

lg-oled-31.jpg

That's going to cost a fortune. Atleast over 2k range if not over 3k range. Next question is about resolution.

3D will mean 1920x1080 and 60hz input for TV only use. Not that it matters, it'll be 3+ years before one becomes affordable.

That's going to cost a fortune. Atleast over 2k range if not over 3k range. Next question is about resolution.

LGs current 15 inch non 3D OLED TV is roughly $2500 - $3000 dollars already. 3k could be optimistic :p

I could see one of these hit $3k in 3-4 years, maybe. But if they released it now? Probably more like $12-15k.

Why can't they make computer monitors like this? All those super sexy slim TV's, but no super resolution models to match.

You're right, I didn't think that through. It'll be around the 5k range at minimum. Over $10k I think is pushing it. It also depends when they release it, for example if they can reduce manufacturing costs by end of next year then this could be closer to $3k.

Wow, that is one sharp monitor! I'd wager around $10k minimum if released. Considering an Ostendo curved display is selling for a mind-boggling $6500 and that only has 900 vertical pixels.

http://www.crvd.com/order.php

That 15" OLED display (720p) is only about $1800 here. Also sexily thin.

I dont care about the depth, but why do monitors need to have such wide bezels?

Wow that looks chic. Seriously, can't someone build a slim 2560x1440 display?

Am I the only one that thinks it looks like it will break if you touch the damn thing? :p

Depth to me doesn't matter AT ALL any more, I don't get the obsession with it? Not like you look at your monitor from the side? I would rather have a semi fat one that doesn't seem like it will fold like a piece of paper ;P

Back