Holy Alan Wake on Steam !

I just finished Episode 1, and damn is this game awesome! I almost didn't pick it up since they decided to hold out on us PC gamers for 2 years, but I'm really glad I did now. I never got around to playing this on the 360, so I don't know how it looks on there, but it's awful damn pretty on PC. Really digging the storyline too, it's been a while since I played anything where the story was what made me want to keep playing.

As I stated in the other "Alan Wake on PC" thread. This is the most boring game I have ever attempted to play.

Brother bought a coconut, he bought it for a dime
His sister had another one, she paid it for a lime.
She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up

This game's growing on me now that I'm getting more used to some of the play mechanics.

As I stated in the other "Alan Wake on PC" thread. This is the most boring game I have ever attempted to play.

what's your idea of exciting? MW3? The game is far from boring, the story is engaging, the gameplay original and the graphics are gorgeous, every environment is amazing..

lol @ maximus, lol'd so hard at that part

Last edited:
what's your idea of exciting? MW3? The game is far from boring, the story is engaging, the gameplay original and the graphics are gorgeous, every environment is amazing..

This This and more this.

How demanding is this game actually? I'm getting under 20 fps at 2560x1600 maxed out. lol

How demanding is this game actually? I'm getting under 20 fps at 2560x1600 maxed out. lol
I'm only playing at 1680×1050 but with all settings maxed I'm getting 60FPS on a GTX480.

I don't know if it's because of the shape of the image as a result of the FOV, but with FOV pulled out further I felt like it was running faster or smoother. I ran through a little bit until I finally found the FOV control in the controls section.

I'm only playing at 1680×1050 but with all settings maxed I'm getting 60FPS on a GTX480.

I don't know if it's because of the shape of the image as a result of the FOV, but with FOV pulled out further I felt like it was running faster or smoother. I ran through a little bit until I finally found the FOV control in the controls section.

Guess something is wrong with my drivers or something. 50% usage on all 3 GPU's. Only problems are with Skyrim and this.

They should have just put the game on GOG.

When they made Alan Wake an Xbox-only release, Remedy delivered a slap in the face to the PC gamers who had made them so rich. More power to 'em for trying to squeeze a few more sales out of a game that goes for $10-$15 on Amazon and ebay, though.

They should have just put the game on GOG.

When they made Alan Wake an Xbox-only release, Remedy delivered a slap in the face to the PC gamers who had made them so rich. More power to 'em for trying to squeeze a few more sales out of a game that goes for $10-$15 on Amazon and ebay, though.

Have you actually seen what the PC version looks like vs the 360 version?

lol @ maximus, lol'd so hard at that part

This This and more this.

No, never played MW3. I do about 95% of my gaming on PC. COD4 I though was cool at the time it came out on PC, I played a little MW2 but quickly realized the series had lost its luster. I played Alan Wake for 2 hrs on xbox 360. I didn't have any expectations. I got the game for free. It just didn't grab me. Too much story and not enough gameplay I guess. I'd rather have watched a crappy movie on cable. And the story wasn't even very original.

Too much story and not enough gameplay I guess. I'd rather have watched a crappy movie on cable. And the story wasn't even very original.
Oh good, sounds like I might like this game after all, since I liked L.A. Noire for all of the reasons above :D. Even the smattering of car chases and shootouts in that game were too much for me.

Back