Holy crap my Crysis framerate!!

I downloaded the demo last night and have been playing it this morning. I am managing to get 60FPS (using Fraps) at 1680x1050. See sig below for my system configuration. What I did was to set the Nvidia settings in the lower right corner of the taskbar to Performance and Quality settings, Image Settings, High performance, and anisotropic filtering to Application Controlled.

While I can set AA from the Crysis Graphics menu, it doesn't seem to hold. When I return to the menu it is always set to OFF. I ran the auto-settings on the graphics and it set everything to medium. I then went to advanced and set shadows and shaders to low.

The game is fairly playable, I'll have to play some more and see how the FPS holds up.

Here's a screen shot showing the 60FPS:

I downloaded the demo last night and have been playing it this morning. I am managing to get 60FPS (using Fraps) at 1680x1050. See sig below for my system configuration. What I did was to set the Nvidia settings in the lower right corner of the taskbar to Performance and Quality settings, Image Settings, High performance, and anisotropic filtering to Application Controlled.

While I can set AA from the Crysis Graphics menu, it doesn't seem to hold. When I return to the menu it is always set to OFF. I ran the auto-settings on the graphics and it set everything to medium. I then went to advanced and set shadows and shaders to low.

The game is fairly playable, I'll have to play some more and see how the FPS holds up.

Here's a screen shot showing the 60FPS:

Someone was saying that shaders need to be set to high for AA to work, so thats probably why its not staying.

runs fine on my specs... this has got to be the best looking game i have ever played and for how smooth it runs i'm amazed. Thanks Crytek

I'm also surprised with all the time in development, we dont have an SLI profile for this game.

My computer plays this pretty well on high in both XP and Vista 64 bit DX9mode.
I hope against hope that on release nvidia has a driver that supports SLI.....I think I'll get pretty good results if that one improvement is made.

If it doesn't....

this was a triumph.
I'm making a note here: HUGE FAILURE.

failxx3.jpg

yeah can't believe it doesn't support SLI

curious on what drugs the dev's were on that speed up their frame rates because to me sub 20 fps is not playable

though I have 30fps+ with the new drivers but on another rig I tested on at 1280x1024 with a GTS I was getting like 20ish-30ish

not good

This game is fairly unplayable when the bullets start to fly at high settings on my 3.2ghz e6600 and 8800gts640, and at 1280x1024....

I also noticed that my cpu is around 22% when playing the game. Either this thing is TOTALLY gpu dependent or they are not taking advantage of multi-core in this demo. Every other game that I have that supports multi-core pegs my cpu at 80% easy. Thoughts anyone?

The game is fairly GPU dependant, but on my system it definatly makes use of both cores. My CPU usage is around 80%

Does anyone know how to get the games shortcut to crysis working in vista x32? i click it and it gives me a error saying this file does not have an application associated with it, it also does this when i try to right click on the icon and click play dx9 or dx10. Its just annoying that i have to go into the bin32 folder every time i try to play it

Runs about 30-34fps in 800x600 on my system. Most everything at low w/ high on shaders and physics. No reason for me to even bother with this one til the rebuild, sometime in the next 1-2 years.

I was able to get mine in 2560x1600...it was still playable for me

settings.jpg

firing.jpg

firing2.jpg

hole.jpg

Running a quad core CPU, there is absolutly no reason you should have your physics quality to medium and sound quality to low. Those are not GPU loading options so you should have no problems cranking them up to high.

I don;t get it, in the early production screenies there was nice smooth post processing effects and blur, all of you with 10 000$ machines get the game to look exactly like my 2 year old box i spent 500 bucks on

I don;t get it, in the early production screenies there was nice smooth post processing effects and blur, all of you with 10 000$ machines get the game to look exactly like my 2 year old box i spent 500 bucks on

I dont think any of them are using the full settings.

Really what game do you run that looks like Crysis, or are you saying you can run Crysis on your $500 2 year old computer? Because I doubt it would even load up / install.

Errrr.... no, try again. I have a box that is pretty close in spec to yours and it is in no way anywhere near as good as my main rig that's in my sig and my main rig is antequated by today's standards so again, no.

Really what game do you run that looks like Crysis, or are you saying you can run Crysis on your $500 2 year old computer? Because I doubt it would even load up / install.

look at the previous page, i can run it at 1280x1024 and it looks nothing special. THe best looking games i've played was splinter cell chaos theory, Fear, graw 2 , ms flight sim x, gothic 3, hl2, and crysis/far cry
... all on this box, heheheh , don't care too much about 24050x1234 res.

look at the previous page, i can run it at 1280x1024 and it looks nothing special. THe best looking games i've played was splinter cell chaos theory, Fear, graw 2 , ms flight sim x, gothic 3, hl2, and crysis/far cry
... all on this box, heheheh , don't care too much about 24050x1234 res.

Most games running @ low with everything off tend to look like nothing special ;)

Hey guys I just used the nvidia beta drivers for Crysis. It dropped my FPS from 33 to 27-28. I am running on 1280*980 or whatever (the widescreen version).

Why the drop? The new nvidia drivers nulled my ATI Tool utility, and I had to go back to stock speeds.

My setup in brief:
AMD 6000+, 4-4-4-12 2GB Patriot (MD9 Chips)
Gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S5 (AMD nforce 590 SLI)
Geforce 8800GTS 320MB @ 625/1000
1.28TB across 4 Barracudas (2 x RAID 0 for Vista/XP)
X-Fi Gamer, Z5500 5.1 Speakers, LG 246WP-BN 24inch 1080p

My 8800GTS is on ebay right now lol. Bought 2 8800GTs for $237 each.

I had similar results with the new drivers. Noticeable decrease in framerate after installing them. I am going back to the whql's. Not sure why these are being hyped as crisis performance boosters when they do the exact opposite for me...

Sorry to resurrect this thread but you'll be glad!

2wiced casually referenced a mod for Crysis that is nothing short of amazing!
Its called Cuban Ultima Doom Sword's Custom Crysis Config [CCC] v1.31
This gives you Ultra High graphics, a big extra dose of framerate and a Time of Day mod that adds a huge amount of atmosphere.

Check this thread, post #25 for more info.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1275429&page=2

This is not a windup :)

Sorry to resurrect this thread but you'll be glad!

2wiced casually referenced a mod for Crysis that is nothing short of amazing!
Its called Cuban Ultima Doom Sword's Custom Crysis Config [CCC] v1.31
This gives you Ultra High graphics, a big extra dose of framerate and a Time of Day mod that adds a huge amount of atmosphere.

Check this thread, post #25 for more info.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1275429&page=2

This is not a windup :)
wow that does look pretty good man. cant wait to buil my new rig and try this out

What settings and resolution do you think a hd3850(256) & 3.2ghz e6750 will handle at around 20-30 fps?
I just bought a 24", and I'm debating whether I should buy the game or not.

The HD3800 series' BIOS has a problem with the core clock not being consistant in 3D performance mode. I do not recommend the HD3800 series at all. Why? Because I had one and noticed that the clocks went down when the card senses when their is less than 15% graphics activity it quickly decides to lower the clocks and reduces performance drastically.

Go with Nvidia this time around.

I am not preaching that the Green Team is the best but for this time I would like to stay with the same team. The Red Team needs to do some more quality assurance testing.

i know that my c2d @3.2 ghz w nvidia 8800 GT can run the game absolutely smooth (40 fps is smooth in this game for some reason) with everything on the screen it rarely dips below 35.. 1280/1024 everything on high and 4x aniso 4x aa.. but whats weird is, even if i up the resolution a bit, the framerates dip insane amounts, theres no scalability... Even though this game doesnt run well on alot of pc's, it looks absolutely amazing.. I think they did a great job on it..

Back