holy god the mother of all monster cases has arrived

lol. i was looking at thgat thing and was like... "hmm, that looks tiny? what is this dude talking about, its like... smaller the micro ATX."

then i see the back pannel picture "jesus how small are those fans.... wait a sec... those are standard pci slots..... those are 12cm fans..... im sitting in a chair..... :) ... :eek: THATS MASSIVE! :eek: :D "

why would you need something that tall? thats like..... Full tower.... ventie style...

then i see the back pannel picture "jesus how small are those fans.... wait a sec... those are standard pci slots..... those are 12cm fans..... im sitting in a chair.... ... THATS MASSIVE! :eek: : D

lmao the fna comment was EXACTLY what i thought

they look tiny... i dont know why, but just something with the rest of the case doesnt make them seem 120mm then you factor in the other stuf 0_0 (maybe its the grill size...)

but WOW you can have your file server and everything all in one case :D

If they spaced out the 120's in the back, they could have put in 3.

Yea.. and their target range price for the thing is around $250 to $300. :rolleyes: I was thinking anywhere from $125 to $200 and it would be worth buying. It becomes available to buy on 7/30/2006 incase you guys are wondering.

Dark Prodigy said:
Do you have any idea how much water cooling I can put in that....*mad scientist stare*

you might have to contract a plumber to install it on a case that big :D

Oh4Sh0 said:
two 4x4's with 4xfx-62's :p

and four 7950s.

spyder_flex97 said:
you might have to contract a plumber to install it on a case that big :D
hahaha for sure.

... sticking with thermal take..... get two bigwater 745s, mount the dual radiators up top, one single radiator on side and back, get eight of slim VGA water coolers, mount them on your four 7950s, get four CPU water blocks.... hmmm... we have a problem.... six radiators might not suffice the cooling... ok buy two more 745s, and mount the duals on the side (drilling required.... lots of drilling...) and hook all this shiet up......

now get........ eight 3007WFP monitors, hook em up 4X2 on a wal, and play source

congrats. you build a PC (do we wanna call it that?) with more pixles then an IMAX theatre.
***note i do know you cant really make a bridge to connect two mobos easy... it has to be done...
omg another thought has occured, Giga-byte QUAD SLI (with 4 pci-e 16X slots), get two of em... thats eight 7950s, making for 16 DVI slots.... making 16 DELL 3007 WFPs...... 3X5... with an extra...... :D

so what.... thats how many thousand dollars?

Anyone has any ideas about the use of a secondary PC inside this case? I was thinking of putting a Mac Mini inside there alomg with a full-fledged PC (I actually started another thread about this: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1064168), but I think it's not going to be technically possible.

So, any other ideas?

Meh I don't like it, nothing new, nothing revolutionary... just Thermaltake ripping off another design and selling it for a killing.

the case is meant to house a secondary computer, but as they designed it to house mini ITX boards, so you can use it to run as a server, or media machine, or to run the optional 7inch LCD for chat and whatever else. I would put a server in there and connect them to shared hard drives, so i can have downloads running on the server and access them whenever from the main comp. Hopefully with some wiring I would even connect that sucker to my 56 incher :D. Can someone say gaming rig, server, and media center all in one?

Yeah, it looks pretty big, and kinda odd. I wouldnt buy it, design is stupid, and o yeah, its too big. Kinda pointless.

Can someone say gaming rig, server, and media center all in one?

The thing though, is that with Dual Core CPUs, the need for a separate rig for various tasks kinda disappears. I thought about it long and hard, and i just can't find what a separate rig would do that a Dual-Core PC can't do at the same time.

As I stated before, the only real use i could find for such a case would be to house both a PC and a Mac Mini, but, with Apple using different connectors, it won't work.

The case is to be released on /730. Hopefully by then someone more intelligent than me will have figured out a killer way to use this tower....

I'd buy it ..but then I'd have to rent out as an apartment to my sister and her husband and little daughter for 3 months to pay it off .

..hmm ..now that's not a half bad idea ...

:)

tdx said:
Anyone has any ideas about the use of a secondary PC inside this case?
I trhought of hooking the ITX up to a group of nComputing terminals around the house. The family and any visitors can use the terminals without messing up anything I have on my side of the tower (or kicking me off when I'm busy killing stuff).

http://www.ncomputing.com/ncomputing/index.php

One thing I haven't figured out is if the secondary system can run without powering up the main box. The ITX can handle routine tasks during the day without needing the gigawatt power supply on the primary box.

I want that case........I could probably (getting creative) house....not two....but THREE computers in there (one main and two mini-ITX/mATX servers/media centers) all hooked up to a couple 300 gig harddrives. Or, I could.......have a low cost thermally efficient apartment for 300 dollars.
I like the idea of using it for a chatting LCD.....I could probably hook up a BIX3 in there with, not six....but TWELVE 120mm fans...Or I could do it wind-tunnel style on a BIX2.
Where is goes 2xfan][2xfan][2xfan][BIX2][2xfan][2xfan][2xfan] If someone is willing to give me a case, I'll see just exactly how much crap can fit in there.....

ValeX said:
If someone got really creative I bet you could fit 2 whole computers inside that sucker ;)

Meh. I put two watercooled computers in a NeXT cube (1 cu ft) case. In something like this I won't be impressed with less than four.

it's fairly big.

Granted I've seen bigger but this one just slides into the full tower area ;)

If it was priced better I would probably pick it up just to have some fun with my dremel and a couple spare computers that are in pieces in my closet. Maybe if I do a little jig the price will magically drop(don't curse my jig with your bad juju :p).

Anandtech has some good pics of the case. According to them, you can only put an mini ITX board in as your second board. You should be able to get a good P-M mini ITX board to throw in there and hook up to the onboard monitor. It's also ATX or BTX capable.

I'm digging this case!!! I've long lamented the fact that there wasn't a case out there that was really good for watercooling. Well this is it! Hopefully this is dawning of bigger cases like this.

I know a lot of people will think it's too big, but the possibilities for such a case are endless!

Oh, By the way.......if you think people are going to be content putting mini-itxes in there.....you are sadly mistaken.......People are going to be putting 3 micro atxs for serving, a mini-ITX just for chatting and a main rig for fragging. And judging by the looks,some of those harddrive cages can go out for the massive amounts of 120mm fans that would be necessary to cool it.

Back