Holy HD5870 E6 200usd!!!

Newegg /sadface I'm still waiting on an awesome Amazon deal so I can spend $90 in gift cards that are burning a hole in my wallet.

In for one...bought for dads new build. Would like to switch from 3 cards (4 monitors...) to 1 card 4 monitors :)

Amazing deal I think. Though to use more than 2 monitors you still need the active adapters since there are only 2 digital clock generators for displays. Screen flicker issues reported as well though no personal experience with this nice of a card so not sure how bad that is.

Come on guys, click the link and look at the pictures. :D It shows everything you should get but I did not see a dp to vga adapter though.

Come on guys, click the link and look at the pictures. :D It shows everything you should get but I did not see a dp to vga adapter though.

Coulda sworn I saw vga adapters. They are actually HDMI adapters it seems.

Yes, you can crossfire an E6 with a standard 5870. I dunno if you will effectively limit its video memory to 1GB or how that works with modern multi-GPU tech.

For those too lazy (gasp!) to look at the pictures, it comes with the following video adapters:

2 x miniDP to DP
1 x miniDP to HDMI
2 x miniDP to DVI

No miniDP to VGA in the box.

miniDP to VGA shouldn't be important. use a dvi to vga adapter.

Won't work with a displayport source -- there is no analog output from displayport, so without an active displayport to VGA adapter you will get no signal.

had it in my cart and everything but managed to fight off the urge wont really need upgrade till witcher 2.. so can wait

Man, such a good deal. I'm really really trying to hold off from upgrading until the next serious comes out. Bah.

I picked one up. Figured I could always sell the GTX 470 for most of the upgrade cost :).

$180 for this card is such a good deal :eek:

I really wish I knew someone that needed a video card. Could get them a ballin one for an absolute steal!!!

In for 2. Was going to buy 2 HD 6950's but at $180 and $200 a card...it was too hard to pass up.

Tweaktown's reviews are pretty weak. They only use Capcom and Nvidia games and on top of that this is a 10 month old review. There have been several driver revisions that increased performance since then. At that price this card is a pretty awesome deal.

Tweaktown's reviews are pretty weak. They only use Capcom and Nvidia games and on top of that this is a 10 month old review. There have been several driver revisions that increased performance since then. At that price this card is a pretty awesome deal.

Can't seem to find any new reviews, can you?

The "latest" reviews I can find are for the toxic 2gb version.

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=23079&page=6

http://www.++++++++++++++++++++/for...hire-hd-5870-2gb-toxic-edition-review-20.html

still barely edges out a single 5870

hey ive been out of the pc loop for a bit (check my sig) but ive been looking for a video card to build a system around.(take me 1-2 months to get everything together) is this a good card for that ? call me lazy but dont want to look all over for more info and tomshardware charts seem a bit out of date as they dont have the newer cards.

5870 is still a great card, it's only slightly less powerful than a 6950. If you want to go crossfire however, I'd go with a 6xxx card instead since they scale better. But for a single card 5870 is just fine.

In for 2. Was going to buy 2 HD 6950's but at $180 and $200 a card...it was too hard to pass up.

Would have been a nice thing for Eyefinity gaming if AMD didn't fuck up CF+EF support so horribly on the 5 series.

Not touching anything Sapphire. If you don't mind them, this is indeed a great deal.

Would have been a nice thing for Eyefinity gaming if AMD didn't fuck up CF+EF support so horribly on the 5 series.

2 of my gaming friends run Crossfire off 5 series cards (5770 CF and 5850 CF) and they have no problems whatsoever with their Eyefinity set-ups. I've heard some people having problems but I think its a lot less common than most people believe (many believe microstutter problem was due to insufficient VRam in some games which wouldn't be a problem with the 2GB 5870).

Regardless, I paid $380 for 2 HD 5870 2GB cards which is roughly the same price as a single HD 6970 2GB. Crossfire HD 5870 2GB will easily outperform a single HD 6970 2GB by quite a margin. This deal really was [H]ot.

Just bought one! Wasn't going to upgrade my current rig anymore, and just start saving for a total rebuild. But for that price, it'll be a nice upgrade to my 4890 crossfire system.

Although Crossfired 4890s can potentially be faster than a single 5870, I'll have DX11 and HD3D support!

Can't seem to find any new reviews, can you?

The "latest" reviews I can find are for the toxic 2gb version.

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=23079&page=6

Published: Wed 24th Mar, 2010 Almost a year worth of driver revisions between that and now. /shrug
April 4, 2010. Again 10 months worth of driver revisions. Even if it doesn't benefit much from the extra GB of memory at $180 and free shipping this card is an awesome deal.
still barely edges out a single 5870
So what? As I said, this card right now is cheaper than all the 1GB 5870s currently on newegg and I bet in every other online retailer as well. You can go ahead and pay more for a 1GB 5870 if you want though.

Back