Holy HOT Chipset batman!

So I was panicking after installing CPUID HWMonitor on my 5 day old sytem I built while home sick a couple days. It shows TMPIN2 as 127 'C!!! Nothing in any documentation could tell me what this sensor was monitoring.

"OMFG... crap crap crap ... what's wrong?!"

My system is
MSI K9N2 Diamond
AMD Phenom 8450
OCZ 4G RAM (I still haven't checked to see who makes the chips -- see my profile)
Lian Li BTX case (cannot remember the model)
2 large fans front/back
Good airflow but at the IDE0 connector

I poked around at the heatsinks and heatpipes inside my case and couldn't feel anything hot enough to boil water (100+ 'C for those that need the reminder). And I searched via Google various keywords and -phrases looking for anyone or anything with some similar scenario. But I found nothing in English that was quite the same until I found this thread.

I finally submitted a support case with MSI to tell them what HWMonitor is reporting and find out what that sensor is connected to since the program cannot tell me. The immediate reply was something like "we don't support that application... anyhow that sensor is invalid".

So here's my first post in this community to share my experience at let ya know, you might not have an issue. Check with the manufacturer.

I'm still curious what is happening at the memory address that CPUID HWMonitor is reading -- considering it does fluctuate and vary with load on the PC. But for those of you following this thread and have read this far...

If you have a reading that is obviously way too high ... it probably is. "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" also can fit with the opposite "if it sounds too horrible to be true, it probably is" (disclaimer -- not a philosophy I'm apt to regularly follow but something to bear in mind).

Follow the guidance of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: DON'T PANIC

--Tyree

Back