Homeade X-Fi Front Panel Connector Mic Problem

cooter

Gawd
I was wondering if anyone has done the front panel connector seen below and been able to successfully make the mic connector work. I did this and the speakers work fine but the mic does not. I read somewhere that there is not enough voltage on the mic voltage pin to supply enough juice.

If you have been able to get the mic working let me know.

http://audigy2zshowto.blogspot.com/
my.php

i was reading ur link and it says.

Step 13:
According to Brian Hitney the Audigy2 ZS will mute all microphone inputs into the board (this includes the one you just connected to the front panel) if there isn't a plug in the normal microphone jack on the card. So go get an old Walkman set of headphones and cut the plug off. Put that into the headphones jack and you should be in business.

Dion said:
i was reading ur link and it says.

Step 13:
According to Brian Hitney the Audigy2 ZS will mute all microphone inputs into the board (this includes the one you just connected to the front panel) if there isn't a plug in the normal microphone jack on the card. So go get an old Walkman set of headphones and cut the plug off. Put that into the headphones jack and you should be in business.

Already did that, it didnt help. Thanks anyway.

I read somewhere that one work around was to get the Mic power from the onboard audio header.

Could be worth a go.

Fawkes said:
I read somewhere that one work around was to get the Mic power from the onboard audio header.

Could be worth a go.

You know that is a good idea. If i disable the onboard sound would there still be power to that header?

Cooter

Back